BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #89
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9059
Rep
22,884
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berne View Post
Miiicke fy fan vad sköj det här lär vara
Yes... it was a lot of fun!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #90
berne
First Lieutenant
Sweden
28
Rep
373
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sverige

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yes... it was a lot of fun!!
planing on for 2017?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #91
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9059
Rep
22,884
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berne View Post
planing on for 2017?
No, nothing yet. We will probably do our tour again this September. I will make a thread in the 1Addicts European section in the late spring, early summer time frame.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 02:52 AM   #92
kemiksiz
Lieutenant
kemiksiz's Avatar
Turkey
296
Rep
566
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Turkey

iTrader: (1)

İ d be in
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9058.50

      02-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #93
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
739
Rep
1,638
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
What time do people start heading home on the Sunday?
__________________
E90 335D LCI Individual Azurite Black // Individual Anthracite Maple Trim // HEL Braided Brake Hoses // Valencia Orange Veemann VM2 19" // EBC Grooved Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads // H&R Cup Kit // M3 Control Arms // RSW // xHp Stage 3
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 11:36 AM   #94
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9059
Rep
22,884
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
What time do people start heading home on the Sunday?
We usually leave our hotel around at 9am, then we do a short drive and then we all go our separate ways(back home). We normally just split up into small groups on the roads/direction we need to go back on. Normally the main event is on Saturday(all day).

Dack
__________________
Appreciate 1
mjn77739.00

      02-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #95
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
739
Rep
1,638
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
What time do people start heading home on the Sunday?
We usually leave our hotel around at 9am, then we do a short drive and then we all go our separate ways(back home). We normally just split up into small groups on the roads/direction we need to go back on. Normally the main event is on Saturday(all day).

Dack
Ah, cool. It's just that i have to be back home by 7am Monday to take my daughter to school.

Looks like i can book the Eurotunnel for around 11pm on Sunday and be able to make it no worries.
__________________
E90 335D LCI Individual Azurite Black // Individual Anthracite Maple Trim // HEL Braided Brake Hoses // Valencia Orange Veemann VM2 19" // EBC Grooved Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads // H&R Cup Kit // M3 Control Arms // RSW // xHp Stage 3
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #96
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
inTgr8r's Avatar
Canada
1408
Rep
11,116
Posts

Drives: Porsche Cayman
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
No, nothing yet. We will probably do our tour again this September. I will make a thread in the 1Addicts European section in the late spring, early summer time frame.
I'll be watching for the details.

We will be over for 4 weeks in September, flying in to Frankfurt, do Nordschliefe & Spa.
Then work down through Switzerland > Stelvio > Dolomites > Austria and finish up in Munich.

It would be great to hook up with you guys somewhere along the way
__________________
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9058.50

      02-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #97
caustics
Enlisted Member
Germany
118
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: M140i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Near Frankfurt/Main, Germany

iTrader: (0)

hey guys,
I've been following your trips on this forum for about two years and, and since I'll be returning to BMW later in March after about 5 years of absence with Opel (I own a Signum, great practical car, but it lacks 2 cylinders), I'd really like to join you to this years tour.

Our original plan was to the the Gran des Alpes this year, but vacation scheduling don't make this possible for 2017 (since it was planned for 1-2 weeks, not just a weekend). So my last hope for a great pass-tour are you guys...

I'll be watching this thread for more info.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9058.50

      02-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #98
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
739
Rep
1,638
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by caustics View Post
Our original plan was to the the Gran des Alpes this year, but vacation scheduling don't make this possible for 2017 (since it was planned for 1-2 weeks, not just a weekend).
Route Des Grande Alpes takes 2.5 days to complete Driving from Thonon-les-Bains -> Menton.

Some nice info here: http://www.losapos.com/great_alpine_road
__________________
E90 335D LCI Individual Azurite Black // Individual Anthracite Maple Trim // HEL Braided Brake Hoses // Valencia Orange Veemann VM2 19" // EBC Grooved Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads // H&R Cup Kit // M3 Control Arms // RSW // xHp Stage 3
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #99
caustics
Enlisted Member
Germany
118
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: M140i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Near Frankfurt/Main, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
Route Des Grande Alpes takes 2.5 days to complete Driving from Thonon-les-Bains -> Menton.

Some nice info here: http://www.losapos.com/great_alpine_road
I know that, but we planned with a few extra trips within, and some quality time after that in Italy. I have that trip already perfectly planned, but it's not the time this year unfortunately.
__________________
- David, from the Frankfurt/Main Area in Germany.

http://www.drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes (mostly with a BMW M140i)
Appreciate 1
mjn77739.00

      02-24-2017, 10:38 AM   #100
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
739
Rep
1,638
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by caustics View Post
I know that, but we planned with a few extra trips within, and some quality time after that in Italy. I have that trip already perfectly planned, but it's not the time this year unfortunately.
I see
__________________
E90 335D LCI Individual Azurite Black // Individual Anthracite Maple Trim // HEL Braided Brake Hoses // Valencia Orange Veemann VM2 19" // EBC Grooved Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads // H&R Cup Kit // M3 Control Arms // RSW // xHp Stage 3
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #101
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9059
Rep
22,884
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caustics View Post
hey guys,
I've been following your trips on this forum for about two years and, and since I'll be returning to BMW later in March after about 5 years of absence with Opel (I own a Signum, great practical car, but it lacks 2 cylinders), I'd really like to join you to this years tour.

Our original plan was to the the Gran des Alpes this year, but vacation scheduling don't make this possible for 2017 (since it was planned for 1-2 weeks, not just a weekend). So my last hope for a great pass-tour are you guys...

I'll be watching this thread for more info.
We would be happy to have some new members join in on one of our driving tours. I am still not sure when we will hold our "drive"... probably in mid to late summer. I'll be sure to include you on the List.

Some of our "regular guys" will be moving back to the states this year... so I am not exactly sure when we will hold our events. Also some of our guys want to drive Southern France... while others want to do more of the Swiss and Austrian Alps on the way over to Sella Dolomites region of Italy. In three months or so I will post more info on where and when we will "tour" Europe.

Dackel
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #102
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
10601
Rep
9,575
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Drivetribe (Clarkson Hammond May) has a 'CSD' section: 'Curves, Soulful Driving' (yes, from the 'Curves' guy Stefan Bogner):
https://drivetribe.com/t/bANAB9lWQ9K...TZKmewtmu91s7w

Cool shots of cool roads, of course. Some examples:

Dolomites:Some other 'usual suspects':








__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 4
Dackelone9058.50
mjn77739.00
caustics117.50

      02-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #103
caustics
Enlisted Member
Germany
118
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: M140i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Near Frankfurt/Main, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Drivetribe (Clarkson Hammond May) has a 'CSD' section: 'Curves, Soulful Driving' (yes, from the 'Curves' guy Stefan Bogner):
https://drivetribe.com/t/bANAB9lWQ9K...TZKmewtmu91s7w

Cool shots of cool roads, of course. Some examples:

Dolomites:Some other 'usual suspects':
His magazines can be ordered from Amazon for 15€, which is quite a steal to be honest. They are big and the printing is great (only the bookbinding is glued) => payed for by Porsche, but made by a talented photographer. They are a great inspiration, and just watching them you want to go down to your car and drive to the alps. Highly recommended, everybody loving roadtrips and great mountain passes should have them in their collection!
__________________
- David, from the Frankfurt/Main Area in Germany.

http://www.drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes (mostly with a BMW M140i)
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9058.50

      03-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #104
Razors08135i
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (0)

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'd definitely be interested. Been in Germany for a year and looking for a good maintenance shop, have had some issues with smoke lately
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 04:43 AM   #105
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
Elsabor67's Avatar
United_States
268
Rep
2,910
Posts

Drives: Totaled :-(
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (28)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors08135i View Post
Sounds like a lot of fun, I'd definitely be interested. Been in Germany for a year and looking for a good maintenance shop, have had some issues with smoke lately
Where are you at in Germany? That may help out in recommendations. Most of us are spread across several locations here and could help out.
__________________
Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #106
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Rikx1M's Avatar
Germany
427
Rep
2,067
Posts

Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Where the car was born

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Time to start planning a BMW roadtrip to Romania for 2018...I've heard the Transfagarasan mountain road is one of the most spectacular roads in the world and is about 90 km or 56 miles long. We should really do this bucket list road!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #107
caustics
Enlisted Member
Germany
118
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: M140i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Near Frankfurt/Main, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Any plan updates for the 2017 season?
__________________
- David, from the Frankfurt/Main Area in Germany.

http://www.drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes (mostly with a BMW M140i)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #108
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9059
Rep
22,884
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caustics View Post
Any plan updates for the 2017 season?
A small group of us will be driving to the South of France in June. We want to keep this outing small and to our "usuall suspects" from past tours. Some of our guys will be leaving soon(from Europe) - so this will be their last harrah. We will be talking about where to drive on another late summer tour then - on this trip.

I think we will try to plan something for late summer - maybe in Sept or August... and that tour will be open for anyone who wants to come join us. It 's really hard once we get over a handfull of cars, to stay together and travel with. Finding hotels that can cater to 25+ cars is hard work. So maybe by having two events this year - it will be better off.

Dackel
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 04:26 AM   #109
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
739
Rep
1,638
Posts

Drives: E90 335d LCI Sport Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
A small group of us will be driving to the South of France in June. We want to keep this outing small and to our "usuall suspects" from past tours. Some of our guys will be leaving soon(from Europe) - so this will be their last harrah. We will be talking about where to drive on another late summer tour then - on this trip.

I think we will try to plan something for late summer - maybe in Sept or August... and that tour will be open for anyone who wants to come join us. It 's really hard once we get over a handfull of cars, to stay together and travel with. Finding hotels that can cater to 25+ cars is hard work. So maybe by having two events this year - it will be better off.

Dackel
Ok by me, as i'm already in the Swiss Alps in July So September is good for me.
__________________
E90 335D LCI Individual Azurite Black // Individual Anthracite Maple Trim // HEL Braided Brake Hoses // Valencia Orange Veemann VM2 19" // EBC Grooved Discs & Yellow Stuff Pads // H&R Cup Kit // M3 Control Arms // RSW // xHp Stage 3
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9058.50

      05-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #110
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
10601
Rep
9,575
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Revisited the gorgeous Dolomites (Northern Italy) in the last weekend of April 2017 with my M2 (and was joined by a 1M on the final day).

100 pictures: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1381813

The barrier is open and the passes are empty = Welcome To Wonderland.













__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9058.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST