BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

For those that want the snap in sun shades.....

If you're one of the ones that missed out on getting the factory sun shades for your rear windows, here is a possible source to get them.

I was doing a search for rear sun shade options for my C-HR. I stumbled across this company which apparently launched last year on Kickstarter; Quiksnap. They produce side window sun shades for various cars which snap in the same was as the BMW 1 series factory sun shades. I just ordered a set for my C-HR and will report back on how well it works; especially for the rear side windows with the funky window frame contours.

They don't make anything currently for the 1 series but apparently their website indicates they will do custom jobs. I think if there is enough of you all that ask for this, they'll make them at a reasonable price. The company from what I see is based in California so if they need a test car for them to make measurements, I'm sure there is a member here that would be willing to let the company use their car.

https://quiksnap.us/

Good luck and I'll report back when I get the ones for my C-HR to let you know how it works out.
Appreciate 1
ndfan25.50