BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Purging Air from Methanol Lines

Anyone else here use Cooling Mist? I have a trunk mounted set-up, and let the reservoir level fall too low, leading to some air in my lines. I have since refilled the tank and added a longer draw tube.
The checkvalve needs to be removed, this much I know, but the actual act of 'purging' the line eludes me. I called Cooling Mist, but the man was very short, saying that an air compressor was needed and to consult the FAQ (which I did, but didn't help much).

I have a JB3, so I don't think I have access to the configuration mode that JB4 has where I can just run the pump via the gas pedal.

This will probably be a mess of gibberish to a lot of you, but I would appreciate anything you guys can help me with. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Just take your line off where your injector/nozzle is, and put the line in a two liter bottle, or whatever you want to catch the meth fluid. Trigger your pump to turn on and purge until you get a solid stream of fluid. Depending on how you have your pump triggered to go on, it can be as simple as grounding your switch to turn on the pump.
      06-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL135I View Post
Just take your line off where your injector/nozzle is, and put the line in a two liter bottle, or whatever you want to catch the meth fluid. Trigger your pump to turn on and purge until you get a solid stream of fluid. Depending on how you have your pump triggered to go on, it can be as simple as grounding your switch to turn on the pump.
This is how I do it.
      06-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Grounding the switch... I'm am such an invalid, how does that work? I heard I can connect the positive lead to my battery but I want to see what my other options are.
Appreciate 0