BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #45
Schnitzl
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
What happened with me was it was completely dead not a single light would work, inserting the key into the ignition is like if you haven't put it there.
I have the opposite effect: Almost all lights are on (looks like a christmas tree) and my cluster goes crazy.

I get this error: 2DC3 - Control Clamp 15

Some weeks ago I also had this error: 2E8D - Intelligent Battery Sensor, Signal Transmission

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #46
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Customer Service Germany didn't get back to me yet, so I searched for a couple of phone numbers on BMW Group website on the press releases and called one. A nice lady answered (she has nothing to do with After sales) and I explained to her my problem, and she told me to send her the email I sent to customer service and she will try to help me. Hopefully I will get something useful out of this and just a disappointing sorry.
      09-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #47
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

2E8D:
2E8D Intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission
EXPLANATION: Small cable connected to battery has been removed
FIX: Reconnect battery, clear and rescan
      09-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #48
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
2E8D:
2E8D Intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission
EXPLANATION: Small cable connected to battery has been removed
FIX: Reconnect battery, clear and rescan

What is this Jim? Did you also have this problem? ???
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #49
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

The part has shipped at last!!! suppose to be here sometime next week. I told the dealer to order the part in the SIB also, and told I would pay for it if it was a different part but if not I won't and they get stuck with it. I'm convinced that someone missed up in BMW and missed the SIB.

Was watching some videos of my car miss this nutter!!!

09-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #50
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzl View Post
I have the opposite effect: Almost all lights are on (looks like a christmas tree) and my cluster goes crazy.

I get this error: 2DC3 - Control Clamp 15

Some weeks ago I also had this error: 2E8D - Intelligent Battery Sensor, Signal Transmission

Anyone?
I had same it was just junction box. This is the block under fuse panel google for it. U can use that part from any 1 or 3 series just newer production year than yours does not matter part number there are a lot different. Note replaced part has to be coded to the car. Also my key fob sometimes was not working had to unlock doors manualy

Last edited by RimasRS; 09-14-2012 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #51
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

update:

According to the dealer yesterday morning, the part either yesterday by the end of the day or saturday. If that happens then I would get my car back on Monday arty003 0:
      09-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #52
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
update:

According to the dealer yesterday morning, the part either yesterday by the end of the day or saturday. If that happens then I would get my car back on Monday arty003 0:
congrats man... BTW is your car equipped with lsd on your video it looked like both wheels are spinning
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #53
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
congrats man... BTW is your car equipped with lsd on your video it looked like both wheels are spinning
no, no LSD
      09-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #54
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

I can't seem to catch a break with this !!!!

Part is stuck at the customs and still not delivered to the dealer

the dealer said maybe it will arrive today or tomorrow, but I can't believe anything right now. And according to them I'm expected to pay for the repairs

I've sent the following email to Customer care middle east, customer car BMW, and the dealer. (AS sent with underlines and bolds.)

Quote:
Dear BMW Customer Service/ MY Naghi / Customer Service MiddleEast,

I have included all BMW emails in one email, because I am sick and tired of writing multiple emails to people and never getting a reply. I will keep this email simple and short.

If you don't know the history of my issue, please refer to emails below to get familiar with the issue ( Hopefully you will get a glimpse of what seems to be a one sided communication, surprising how rarely I'm replied too).

Here are a couple of points I would like to make:

1- my car has been at MY Naghi Motors since 20 June 2012 ( 97 days up to today). This has ruined my Eid holiday. This also made preparing for my wedding (which is in 10 days time) a living hell, as I live in country where public transport is no existent. This whole issue has cost me valuable time and money.

2- Attached you can find SI B61 08 11 with attachments, which matches my exact problem with part numbers and solutions. This was confirmed when I showed to a mechanic/electrician at MY Naghi motors.

3-.My car was two weeks out of warranty when it broke down. This issue is not related to millage wear and tear item. It is clearly a defect in the manufacturing of the part/car. This part was degrading while my car was degrading/failing while my car was under warranty, it is only mere coincidence that it failed while my car was only two weeks out of warranty.

4- I have been a BMW customer for the past 9 years, and at least deserve to be treated properly.

In light of the above, points I refuse to pay a single Saudi Riyal for this repair, and demand that BMW cover the costs of all the repairs needed to get my car running.

Please reply to this email. I don't to call and do follow ups by my self, with the amount of calls and emails I made you would think that BMW was the customer. Its funny that I get customer calls from BMW ME when I take my car for a regular oil service, but not once during these 97 days have a received a call discussing my issue.

Regards,
Mohammed Al-Momen
Mobile: +966555******
      09-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #55
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Just called BMW ME and according to them they discussed this, and say I must for the parts and repair. I really pissed, and feel frustrated that as a person I can do anything about this except swallow the costs. I wish there is a way I could get back at them for making me go through this. I'm 100% sure if I was in a major market this wouldn't have happened.

I'm really feeling down about this, sorry for the rant.

Update: I just called them again told them, why they seem to ignore the fact that there is an SIB issued for this. After high voice argument, she told me that I can prove that there is some sort of recall on this, that BMW will cover the cost, but I should do that through the dealer.

I have printed the SIB and will take it to the dealer after work in an hour. Will update you guys on what happens.

Last edited by m7ammed; 09-24-2012 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #56
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

I'm really feeling down about this, sorry for the rant.
Hang in there Mohammed. Light is in sight at the end of this (tunnel)issue. I hope BMW Middle East does the right thing and takes care of you. Get the car repaired first... and then go after then with a lawyer if they don't do teh right thing. I think the simple fact that your car has been down all this time AND on tope of that this SIB is a known BMW problem... this plays in your favor.

Did BMW AG ever come thru for you? Let me know if you need any help on my end.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #57
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Hang in there Mohammed. Light is in sight at the end of this (tunnel)issue. I hope BMW Middle East does the right thing and takes care of you. Get the car repaired first... and then go after then with a lawyer if they don't do teh right thing. I think the simple fact that your car has been down all this time AND on tope of that this SIB is a known BMW problem... this plays in your favor.

Did BMW AG ever come thru for you? Let me know if you need any help on my end.

Dackel
Will the dealer surprisingly seems to be more willing to help then BMW ME, according to the service manger if the price isn't high for the cable they might actually cover the cost, but again after all this with loads of promises I can't trust anyone. And about suing consumer rights are very bad over here. It would cost alot of money and time just to try and sue them and I don't believe that I would get anywhere with it, very difficult to do this stuff here unlike "first world countries". I will keep you guys posted, my wedding is 10 days and I really want to be driven in my car to my wedding that is how much I love this car.
      09-25-2012, 04:02 AM   #58
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Update: the part is confirmed to have cleared the customs, will be at the dealer at 2 pm local time. They already started removing the seats... etc to save time and prep the car for the installation.

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THAT REALLY YOU?!!!!
      09-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #59
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

That is GREAT news Mohammed! I am looking forward to seeing some pics of your car out of the shop and driving around the streets of Saudi!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #60
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
That is GREAT news Mohammed! I am looking forward to seeing some pics of your car out of the shop and driving around the streets of Saudi!
Thanks, I saw the parts here is the box it came in. What is weird is that they didn't not only bring the B+ cable, they also brought some other wires small harness type wires. I'm starting to really believe that somebody in BMW screwed up, as I was under the impression only the red cable was needed. I guess the red cable is the one in the SIB, and the other stuff isn't and that is why they couldn't get them separate from the full wiring harness of the car and had to do a special order.

Will go tomorrow and see the progress. I'm hoping they finish tomorrow, but its half working day (Thursday & Friday are weekend here) so at most by Saturday.

Anyway here are the pics

09-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #61
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Great news/update!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #62
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Talking

Quote:

Great news/update!
I can't wait to drive it is like buying a new car.

Also wanted to say thank you for the support Dacklone, and thanks to other members for the help one of the best communities out there
      09-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #63
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Slightly off topic, but that picture showing the car torn apart was difficult to look at. I wish BMW would train their service technicians to use protection covers on the door and rocker panel when servicing the interior, ESPECIALLY when a seat is being removed.

That is how the interior gets damaged!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #64
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B. View Post
Slightly off topic, but that picture showing the car torn apart was difficult to look at. I wish BMW would train their service technicians to use protection covers on the door and rocker panel when servicing the interior, ESPECIALLY when a seat is being removed.

That is how the interior gets damaged!
I was there with them when they removed the seats, and they know me well at the dealer most mechanics ..etc so they always take good care of my car
      09-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #65
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Well they had the wire installed for when I went yesterday morning, they still had to change the fusebox so I guess they might have finished it yesterday and I will use Saturday to put everything back together. The workshop foreman told me that they replaced the Airblower and regulator free of charge as it had little corrosion on it
      09-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #66
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I was there with them when they removed the seats, and they know me well at the dealer most mechanics ..etc so they always take good care of my car

Yea... I did not see anything wrong in those photos. Its quite typical when you pull a car apart. It is even worse when you have to remove the dashboard, it looks like a bomb went off inside the car, because everything is removed.

Just a few more days buddy. I would not be surprised if the car is finished next week though. This stuff can't be rushed.
Appreciate 0