BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #23
Gray_Panther
Colonel
Gray_Panther's Avatar
773
Rep
2,622
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

I also forgot to mention that I purchased a Sun Joe 2030psi 1.76gpm electric pressure washer from home depot. I honestly can't wait to use it to foam up my 1er. My old pressure washer had the motor go on me mid wash, and the small red karcher you can see in the corner of one of my pictures is just too weak for the job.

The 1er really needs a bath and a wheel cleaning.
__________________
2012 BMW 128i 6MT Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #24
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2700
Rep
3,390
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
I also forgot to mention that I purchased a Sun Joe 2030psi 1.76gpm electric pressure washer from home depot. I honestly can't wait to use it to foam up my 1er. My old pressure washer had the motor go on me mid wash, and the small red karcher you can see in the corner of one of my pictures is just too weak for the job.

The 1er really needs a bath and a wheel cleaning.
Looking good man! And I'm jealous of your pressure washer. My buddy just picked up the exact same unit last week and I've been dying to steal it from him to try it out haha
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #25
Gray_Panther
Colonel
Gray_Panther's Avatar
773
Rep
2,622
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Looking good man! And I'm jealous of your pressure washer. My buddy just picked up the exact same unit last week and I've been dying to steal it from him to try it out haha
Step 1: Buy your friend a couple drinks at the bar
Step 2: Ask to borrow his to try it out
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Looking back, my car washing technique has changed so much thanks to the internet. If I watched my 16 year old self wash my 1er, I would cringe and rip the wash mitt out of my own hand.
But foaming the car down is just too damn cool to skip out on for regular washes!!!

Edit: Since I will have my own pressure washer and a spigot in the garage, I can rinse the salt off my GTI in the winter. This setup should save me a least $45 every winter by not going to the self wash bays that are coin operated!
(15 washes x $3 = $45, not including gas)
__________________
2012 BMW 128i 6MT Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #26
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2700
Rep
3,390
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Step 1: Buy your friend a couple drinks at the bar
Step 2: Ask to borrow his to try it out
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Looking back, my car washing technique has changed so much thanks to the internet. If I watched my 16 year old self wash my 1er, I would cringe and rip the wash mitt out of my own hand.
But foaming the car down is just too damn cool to skip out on for regular washes!!!

Edit: Since I will have my own pressure washer and a spigot in the garage, I can rinse the salt off my GTI in the winter. This setup should save me a least $45 every winter by not going to the self wash bays that are coin operated!
(15 washes x $3 = $45, not including gas)
Oh he's already offered, I think he bought it just to make me jealous LOL.

Definitely hear you on the wash techniques of our former selves!!

The winter is the worst time for self-washing. I actually got a set of waterproof gloves just for washing the car so my hands don't freeze lol
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #27
Gray_Panther
Colonel
Gray_Panther's Avatar
773
Rep
2,622
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Step 1: Buy your friend a couple drinks at the bar
Step 2: Ask to borrow his to try it out
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Looking back, my car washing technique has changed so much thanks to the internet. If I watched my 16 year old self wash my 1er, I would cringe and rip the wash mitt out of my own hand.
But foaming the car down is just too damn cool to skip out on for regular washes!!!

Edit: Since I will have my own pressure washer and a spigot in the garage, I can rinse the salt off my GTI in the winter. This setup should save me a least $45 every winter by not going to the self wash bays that are coin operated!
(15 washes x $3 = $45, not including gas)
Oh he's already offered, I think he bought it just to make me jealous LOL.

Definitely hear you on the wash techniques of our former selves!!

The winter is the worst time for self-washing. I actually got a set of waterproof gloves just for washing the car so my hands don't freeze lol
Link?
That sounds like a game changer for me!
__________________
2012 BMW 128i 6MT Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #28
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2700
Rep
3,390
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Link?
That sounds like a game changer for me!
Unsure if they're made anymore I got them a while back from REI and couldn't find them on the site. I'd imagine any cheap pair of waterproof gloves would work, mine are neoprene and were about $20. I use them when washing the car/shoveling/anything else I don't want to use my ridiculously expensive Sealskinz for
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #29
Gray_Panther
Colonel
Gray_Panther's Avatar
773
Rep
2,622
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Link?
That sounds like a game changer for me!
Unsure if they're made anymore I got them a while back from REI and couldn't find them on the site. I'd imagine any cheap pair of waterproof gloves would work, mine are neoprene and were about $20. I use them when washing the car/shoveling/anything else I don't want to use my ridiculously expensive Sealskinz for
I am still thinking about it. But i have washed the GTI now a couple times at around freezing temps and if my hands get cold, I just dunk them in the rinse bucket of warm water.

I added shelving for shoes, when I get home tonight I will put up another picture.
__________________
2012 BMW 128i 6MT Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #30
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2700
Rep
3,390
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
I am still thinking about it. But i have washed the GTI now a couple times at around freezing temps and if my hands get cold, I just dunk them in the rinse bucket of warm water.

I added shelving for shoes, when I get home tonight I will put up another picture.
You can always just get a pair of elbow-length dishwashing gloves for super cheap. They'll keep your hands dry and by default warmer
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #31
Gray_Panther
Colonel
Gray_Panther's Avatar
773
Rep
2,622
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Matticus91




bmw1racer , here is the link for my floorjack. It is so amazing and perfect for my use. I can't recommend the product enough and would always choose it over something sold at Sears or Harbor Freight!
https://www.amazon.com/Liftmaster-Al...ter+floor+jack
__________________
2012 BMW 128i 6MT Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Appreciate 1
Matticus912699.50

      12-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #32
Matticus91
Brigadier General
Matticus91's Avatar
United_States
2700
Rep
3,390
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Matticus91


Haha nice! Like the staggered setup
__________________
"Tobias" 2013 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • Avant Garde M310's • cp-e Charge Pipe • Seibon CF M3 Hood • Custom Exhaust & Cutout • JB4
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #33
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
chris_flies's Avatar
United_States
1524
Rep
1,891
Posts

Drives: Enthusiastically...
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Woodbridge, VA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Haha nice! Like the staggered setup
Yeahh, but square is where it's at
__________________
2009 128i 6-Speed Coupé | Monaco Blue with Black Sensatec | chris_flies' 128i Build
N/A Supremacy Propagandist at Large
Appreciate 2
      12-07-2018, 02:11 AM   #34
Esteban
Major General
Esteban's Avatar
United_States
3368
Rep
5,730
Posts

Drives: a little blue coupe
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: The Golden State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Yeahh, but square is where it's at
"It's hip to be square," as a famous '80s MTV star once said.
__________________

2011 E82 N55 135i ///M Sport • 7-SP DCT • LeMans Blue/Black Boston Leather
Dinan S2 & PPK • BMW PE • BMW PS • Black & Chrome Grilles • Blacklines • 313s • Pirelli P Zeros 225/255
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST