BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
Brandon37
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i Coupe

Comfort Access & Power Mirrors

Hello all. I have a 2013 135. My passenger door comfort access has stopped working. Both fobs and batteries are fine and the driver door and trunk work perfectly. I assume the Comfort Access works on a sensor in the door handle? Or is there more to it? Is this easily replaced? Can it be a DIY to replace the sensor? Or does a dealer need to assist with programming? Please advise.

Second question: I have power mirrors. Can my 2013 be re-coded that the power mirrors fold up automatically once the car is locked (like the newer cars)?

Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #2
Edrift
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E88

Yes it's easy to replace.

You need to replace the whole door handle excluding the lock barrel if you have one.

To remove the handle open the door.
There is a round Black rubber cap on the inner edge of the door in longer with the handle.
Remove the cap but pulling gently.

Under that there is a hex screw. Use an Allen key to loosen that. It won't come all the way out.
Then pull the lock barrel part out by wiggling and pulling outwards from the door. The led puddle light is attached so gently remove this

Next you can remove the door handle by pulling out and towards the back of the car.
The sensor is in here and you need to unclip three cable attached to the end of the handle.

I've done all this with the whole door trim apart but it may be possible to not have to pull the whole door apart.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Brandon37
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i Coupe

Awesome. Thank you kindly.
Appreciate 0