BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #23
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJackM View Post
VW/Audi did hefty $600 or so.
depending on the specific car, that's not so bad considering rate of inflation....on 40k that's only 1.5% increase......even on a generously equipped GTI @ 28k it's a little over 2%

maybe BMW researched and felt the prices are what the market will bear....I'm sure they looked at competitors products and prices.....quite a few new models for 08 inc G37, new C class.....

=
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 09:05 AM   #24
Bourne
Rep
Drives:

Everyone continues to look at the initial base prices of the 128 and 135. Who here really believes that they will be able to get either one anywhere close to that price considering that BMW will factory install most of the options. The german car companies have historically delivered cars to NA with most of what their market research tells them we want, and price it all as a la cart. It tends to be a more expensive car that japanese models.
Still, all of that said and off my chest I still want to buy a 135. Note: my current ride G35.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #25
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaess View Post
I have several reasons for choosing this number. I believe that the 128i will most like have a base price around $26k since the average between the mini cooper and 328i base prices is $25k and motortrend has also predicted about a $26k base price for the 128i. Therefore through seeing about a $5k price difference between the 328i and the 335i its safe to say that the price difference between the two 1 series models will be about the same if not less. Therefore I think its safe to that the 135i will have a $32k base price. This would also make it very competitive with the audi a4 even though theyre two different types of cars.

Obviously I dissagree. The list of standard option on the 135 and an asking price of $32k, you'd have people fighting over them like cabbage-patch-dolls..!

Twin turbocharged BMW with 6-pot Brembos, Xenon adaptive lights and M sports package for $32k ..? Nope!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #26
ParkerC
Rep
Drives:

I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but my dealer told me 36K "well optioned" so that makes 32K about right...Lets hope:redface:

Parker
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #27
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

Obviously I dissagree. The list of standard option on the 135 and an asking price of $32k, you'd have people fighting over them like cabbage-patch-dolls..!

Twin turbocharged BMW with 6-pot Brembos, Xenon adaptive lights and M sports package for $32k ..? Nope!
+333

=
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #28
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerC View Post
I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but my dealer told me 36K "well optioned" so that makes 32K about right...Lets hope:redface:

Parker
"Hope springs eternal"

-Alexander Pope

=
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #29
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Everyone continues to look at the initial base prices of the 128 and 135. Who here really believes that they will be able to get either one anywhere close to that price considering that BMW will factory install most of the options. The german car companies have historically delivered cars to NA with most of what their market research tells them we want, and price it all as a la cart. It tends to be a more expensive car that japanese models.
Still, all of that said and off my chest I still want to buy a 135. Note: my current ride G35.
actually, I dont think anyone thinks that base=final price, or even close..... the conjecture is that base price greatly affects final price....if you look at posts on spec-ing out the cars, most want a few options,some pricier than others making the base price that much more critical.....they know the options cost $$$$$$$

=
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #30
UJackM
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
I was pleasantly surprised when I took a trip to a BMW dealer yesterday and found they had a couple of "vanilla" 328's. No metalic paint, nothing other than automatic. If you are trying to get in the line to grab the first few ones, they would be loaded, but if you wait for a while or order your own, I am sure you can get one close to the base price + destination charge. I was surprised that red ones were non existent. I am either going for non-metalic red or the blue one (I am not happy that Le Mans Blue is not offered).
Appreciate 0