BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Should Tine and SpeedFreak be banished for their antics?
Yes, banish them. 136 66.34%
No, let them be free. 69 33.66%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

02-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #23
bimmer4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
If we ban them, the terrorists have won

2006 330i Monaco Blue | Grey | Walnut
...Manual | Sports | Premium | Cold | Nav | Comfort Access | PDC | Sirius | Sunshade
...M-Tec Steering Wheel | M-Tec Shifter | TLC
...Performance Center Delivery | Oct 14, 2005
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #24
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak!
I haven't had a chance to read though all the stuff over here... I'm still cleaning up the mess over at bimmerfest... I will be back shortly to defend myself.

For the record:

Tine is lying... I am in NO WAY involved in what he is claiming. I have been 100% honest and sincere in everything I have done here.

I did not Punk you people... I did not participate in any joke of any kind... I give you my word.
As I expected.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #25
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tine
I'm so sorry.

Let's wait for SpeedFreak!

He convinced me into this. He is sneaky. He will survive, I won't.

Be aware of him: he fooled me in the first place.

Talikng something about customer behavior research - how potential customers react to rumours. I was taking him seriously until I realized he had played me - but it was too late.

I was fair enough to come out with a truth. Otherwise you would still believe the false info.

Sorry again!
Someone's lying. I think we just unban them so at least they both can clear this up. It's not like they killed someone. We know now that at least one of then is uncredible possibly both so what more damage can they do?
      02-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #26
nabutes
career student
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
Someone's lying. I think we just unban them so at least they both can clear this up. It's not like they killed someone. We know now that at least one of then is uncredible possibly both so what more damage can they do?
They are duking this out on bimmerfest. Personally, I truly believe that this is all a sinister ploy by Tine.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #27
JBOO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
As I expected.
Exactly what I expected to. No way in hell, he'd admit to it now after seeing all the backlash. J.K!

Honestly,I wouldn't ban either one for this. All Tine has said was that they provided misleading information to increase the amount of views in this thread. Hell, most of the people that posted provided misleading speculation so the only thing that's different, IMO, is that they both stated they had "their" sources. If people are gullible enough to believe that as the truth, so be it. I think most are upset by the fact this "punked" email was started, which is kind of a slap in the face. These guys will suffer enough from this point on without having to be banned. From this day on, no one will give any credibility to Tine's information again and no one will continue to put up with Speeds arrogant, pompous comments anymore. I say let em' stay and live with the shame of their actions. Either way, we won't be hearing much from them again.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #28
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I think the CIA put them up to this.
      02-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #29
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Thumbs down

Boneheads.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #30
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
If you read the verbal battle that is playing out on bimmerfest:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...118567&page=40

It sounds like Tine is acting immature and just dragging Speed into this lie (pretty cunning actually). You can kinda read into Tine's responses. Of course, it's impossible to truly tell if they are both in on it or not, but that's just my suspicion. Either way, I personally don't think bans are in order for the info.

Now for the racial slurs... that's a different story.
      02-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #31
EnI
Secret Agent
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Joy Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
If you read the verbal battle that is playing out on bimmerfest:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...118567&page=40

It sounds like Tine is acting immature and just dragging Speed into this lie (pretty cunning actually). You can kinda read into Tine's responses. Of course, it's impossible to truly tell if they are both in on it or not, but that's just my suspicion. Either way, I personally don't think bans are in order for the info.

Now for the racial slurs... that's a different story.
What racial slurs? Did I miss something?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #32
3some
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E90 //M Sport 320i S/Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregA
What racial slurs? Did I miss something?

The admins deleted it so not to offend our Muslim members.
This is what he said:

"Guys now you are acting like enraged Muslims all over the world burning down Danish (and other European) ambassies because some Danish paper published prophet Mohamed as a terrorist.

You've been insulted / misled (sorry!!!), but DO NOT be rage driven now.

C'mon!

Delete the posts and problem is solved, and give us trial period. If we are still bad, then ban us.

Sounds a fair deal to me."

That sounds a little racial something to me I think.

Last edited by 3some; 02-06-2006 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #33
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
if they got banned, cant they just sign up again?? can someone explain how banning someone works?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #34
stratstrummer
Private
Rep
Drives: Want a 330i soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
if they got banned, cant they just sign up again?? can someone explain how banning someone works?
Message board administrators can find out a user's ip address which is a number that signifies the location which their computer is from. If they do an ipban, then that location is banned and that computer or any computer that is on that line will not be able to sign up for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #35
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
From experience...I know that initially forums just do screen name bans, so you can just make another username and post again. Eventually, if you get banned like that enough, they IP-ban you. Again, that's pretty much useless...if you're like me. If you want to do something enough, you'll find a way to do it. i.e. proxy anyone?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #36
3some
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In theory they could, if they used a different pc with a diferrent I.S.P and a different I.P adress in a different location then they can create a new member and just come back.

Put with theyr old setup (PC and I.S.P) it's highly unlikely they will be able to unless they have proxy server or use I.S.A server which could make coming back allot easier.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #37
Matbrach
Trophy Husband - Honorable Mention
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 330i. X5 4.8

Quote:
"Guys now you are acting like enraged Muslims all over the world burning down Danish (and other European) ambassies because some Danish paper published prophet Mohamed as a terrorist.
How is this racist? Muslim is not an epithet, and stating that they were enraged is accurate.

He should definately be banned for his "punk'd" thread, but let's not get carried away...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #38
EnI
Secret Agent
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3some

That sounds racial 2 me.
I've read about that Muslim/Danish issue.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/as...sts/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4684652.stm

It's a recent news.

I'm glad liar Tine is banned for having punked us, but I can't see nothing racial there.

Haven't you heard what is going on lately in the Middle East and Asia?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #39
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
From experience...I know that initially forums just do screen name bans, so you can just make another username and post again. Eventually, if you get banned like that enough, they IP-ban you. Again, that's pretty much useless...if you're like me. If you want to do something enough, you'll find a way to do it. i.e. proxy anyone?
yup, there is no real ban in this case. there is a million different ways to get around things. for my sake, tine and speadfreak could be the same person as someone here mentioned, in which case, they accomplished they goal. sounds a little psycho to me, but hey, different people like different things. but if speedfreak is a different person and doesn't have anything to do with this, tine is a real asshole for pulling him into this whole mess.
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #40
3some
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've read about that Muslim/Danish issue.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/as...sts/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4684652.stm

It's a recent news.

I'm glad liar Tine is banned for having punked us, but I can't see nothing racial there.

Haven't you heard what is going on lately in the Middle East and Asia?
I know my friend but this is the world wide web. Allot of different nations, religion's etc. one should be carefull about what one says.
E90post has a huge diversity of cultures as members, so we should never go there. (saying things about religion etc.) It's bound to ruffle a few feathers somewere....

Just to clear things up I am not a Muslim.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #41
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Lemme add in the info I found out this weekend. Since I couldn't make it to Sterling BMW to change my oil last wknd, I just scheduled the 15k mile service with Irvine BMW for this past saturday. When I dropped the car off I chatted with the service advisor briefly. He indicated that he didn't hear anything about a 335, and if indeed the car will come with a turbo, it will be hell for BMW service center nationwide. Then while waiting for my ride (saturday, no shuttle :mad: and since I didn't buy my car there, no loaner :mad: ) I started chatting with this sales. He seems like he knows what he's talking about. He's into cars, so not just another sales guy who doesn't know crap. He owns an e46 M3, a G35 coupe and a SRT4. He said he has heard rumors within the BMW network regarding the possiblity of a 335, but definitely nothing is concrete, and he cannot imagine the car coming with turbo. They've had a few people who came in and asked about the coupe, but they are not taking any orders yet. They've put names down but thats as far as they can go. So ya...

ohhh ya, he also mentioned something about having a less potent version of the new M3 as a possiblity instead of a 335.
      02-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #42
EnI
Secret Agent
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3some
I know my friend but this is the world wide web. Allot of different nations, religion's etc. one should be carefull about what one says.
E90post has a huge diversity of cultures as members, so we should never go there. (saying things about religion etc.) It's bound to ruffle a few feathers that's why I said what I said.
I have no intention to defend Tine the Liar, but I think your words are exaggereted.
So if I say "Muslim" or "Jew" will I be banned too?
I know it's a hard time, but to think a word "Muslim", or "Jew", or "terrorist" is an insult is just a bit too much, don't you think.
And I know what diversity is, and what respecting other races & cultures is. I'm from NYC after all.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #43
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
BAN!!

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #44
3some
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have no intention to defend Tine the Liar, but I think your words are exaggereted.
So if I say "Muslim" or "Jew" will I be banned too?
I know it's a hard time, but to think a word "Muslim", or "Jew", or "terrorist" is an insult is just a bit too much, don't you think.
And I know what diversity is, and what respecting other races & cultures is. I'm from NYC after all.
What I am saying is that this site is about cars E90's to be correct. When someone out of the blue and unasked for, says something that's got to do with other people's religion or a certain religion group they are just begging for some friction/action.

Want to discuss religion or group's or make comparison's this is not the site.

Even the admin said it was a racial slurr.
They where prepared to give Tine a 2nd chance but after that remark
goodbye.

Tine got what he deserved and he fed us bulshit.

Learn from it ok.
Appreciate 0