BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
christopherkriens
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i Coupé

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [8.62]
JLeviSW

Got the LED Side Lenses from these guys. One side worked great but the other took on condensation due to a bad seal and soon stopped working entirely. I let them know right away and got started on the return program and shipped the the lens after I had parked my car for the winter. Ultimately wasn't able to find a solution, not a huge deal but pretty ho hum service.

-------------------

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for filling the PDF form and providing the pictures.

Please send the defective side back to us at:
JSW RETURNS
RMA 33883
2942-2944 SCOTT BLVD
SANTA CLARA CA 95054

As per company policy, you will be liable for the return shipping cost back to us for this RMA. We will pay the FedEx or USPS shipping costs for the replacement back to you. We suggest you mail the item via a traceable and insured method as JSW will not be responsible for lost or missing packages

-------------------

I just wanted to let you know that we received your side lens. Please let me know how you would like to pay to ship the replacement back out to you, either credit card or PayPal. There are a few different shipping options to choose from. USPS First Class mail provides no tracking for $1.28 or USPS Priority mail with tracking for $5.60. Let me know, thanks!

-------------------

Let's do USPS first class via Paypal. Thanks

-------------------

That sounds good. Is your PayPal email address christopherkriens@mac.com as well? Thanks.

-------------------

It's actually chrithtopher@hotmail.com

-------------------

Thanks Christopher. Payment request has been sent!

-------------------

I installed my side lens today and tested, but the LED temperature is significantly different from what have on the other side, which has a blue/purple hue. Did the LEDs change? I can provide photos if you need a reference. In any event, I'm not particular about either one color, but please send me one so that the sides match.

That would be one of these:
1 passenger side white
1 driver side blue/purple

-------------------

The side lens you received is all we have available. Unfortunately you are past the warranty period for these lights. You can purchase the other side LED lens from the set we split up for $29.50 + shipping. Let me know.

-------------------

I don't wish to make a warranty claim– my email was to inform you that you shipped a different product from what I'd originally purchased. If the product had changed since that time, then returning both lenses would have been the problem-free solution. I was however told to only return the defective side in the original RMA response from Nick. I am willing to pay shipping again, but I don't think that I should have to purchase another since it was an obscure change in your product line.

-------------------

Like I mentioned earlier, the side lens you received is all we have available. I am not aware of any changes from the manufacturer. Condensation is not warrantied for these LED side lenses. We received your RMA 8 months after a return was authorized by Nick, who is no longer with JleviSW. Out of good will, we split a new set of LED side lenses to take care of you. The side lenses can fade over time, which could be a reason why they don't match. If you are unhappy with the old side lens, you can purchase the other side from the set we split up for $29.50 + shipping. That is all I can do for you at this point. Let me know.

-------------------

I think it was already apparent that you weren't aware of the changes from the manufacturer. It sounds like you guys have a bad product on your hands and I sympathize, but you've lost a customer over 30 bucks. I'll find a solution elsewhere - thanks
      02-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Did you really ask for a return then wait 8 months to send it in?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
christopherkriens
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i Coupé

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [8.62]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Did you really ask for a return then wait 8 months to send it in?
Yeah, I did mention it up front- driving around with a missing side lens for two weeks was the alternative. I get what you're saying but still.. meh.