BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #45
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Wow, that's cheap.

Unfortunately, we will be testing at Buttonwillow (Speed Ventures) that weekend. They're running configuration #13 clockwise, the same thing that we will be running in the Super Lap Battle Finals. Great opportunity for us to run the track that we're going to be racing in. Might be a good opportunity for you guys to get pointers from our driver or driver's. It's $170 a day though =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-35 View Post
I'm checking into a STREETS OF WILLOW (Willow Springs) Open Track event (2 days)... put on by the L.A. Shelby Club. It will be 2 days (Sat./Sun. Sept. 27-28)... if they let us (non-Shelby's) in. Spots are very limited, so we'll need to register quickly if you want to go.

It would be cool to have a group of 1-series go to a track event together. I'll post the link with entry and tech. insp. chklist once I get the thumbs up!

Best part... it's only $205 for BOTH DAYS!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #46
one-35
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

STREETS OF WILLOW event Sept. 27-28 (Sat. - Sun.)

GREAT NEWS!!!

The L.A. Shelby (that's Carroll Shelby) club has the track reserved for the weekend of Sept. 27-28. They will allow all cars (including our 135i) to participate in this "open track" event!!! Safety is paramount and will be emphasized to all drivers.

It is by far the LEAST EXPENSIVE track event anywhere near SoCal. Cost is only $205 for BOTH DAYS. Please read the entry/tech inspection form carefully. You will need a cockpit-mounted fire extinguisher in your car. Also, Willow Springs does not allow ride-along passengers. Passengers can only ride with approved instructors.

So here's the track...
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/...n/StreetLg.htm

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/...directions.asp

And here's the form to fill out and send in. I put down my club affiliation as 1addicts.com. The Shelby communications guy I spoke with already knows about our twin-turbo BMW and welcomes us to their track event!

http://www.lasaac.org/~lasaac/files/...ember_2008.pdf

*** POST TO THIS THREAD ONCE YOU'VE MAILED IN YOUR REGISTRATION. ***
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #47
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

I am VERY interested in going to WIllow Springs. Even if going in my beater. What is this rule with an extinguisher. With Metal Brackets?!? So I need to bolt on an extinguisher to my dam car?!?

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #48
one-35
First Lieutenant
Rep

Streets of Willow Sept. 27-28...

I'll check on the (mandatory) metal-mounted fire extinguisher rule. I'll see how strict they are on this policy.

FYI... halon extinguishers are the best for autos since they won't make a mess if you end up using it.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #49
MObimmer
Rep
Drives:

I missed the meet up, how did it go...I live in Hollywood 135i convert, would look forward to a meet up or track day..keep me posted..MObimmer
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #50
one-35
First Lieutenant
Rep

So the Shelby club is strict about safety rules:
1) MUST have metal-mounted fire extinguisher within reach of driver (so no trunk mounts). I plan on custom-building a mount for attachment to the passenger seat rail bolts. If any of you really want to attend the Sept. 27-28 track day, let me know... I might be able to have 2 made. The cost will probably be around $75 + fire extinguisher.

2) All convertibles must have roll bars. I don't think the factory head rest ones count.

The last meet was fun... go karting at K1 Speed (Anaheim)!
Appreciate 0