BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
Ash135
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Car not starting after successful BEF.

Searched endlessly for a solution on forums but decided to make my own thread to see if anybody else could shine some knowledge.

2008 N54 135i MSD80 ECU

Was just previously running a custom map with maxed on DIs on TTE600s, but then went down the route with the evolution of speed port injection kit with jb4 controller & obviously jb4 & twin charge pipe meth injection

After install the car ran and started fine, I then flashed the BEF via MHD to run along side the jb4. The flash was successful but then when I try to start it just cranks but doesn’t fire, the car was on charge while flashing & has a brand new battery anyway.

The 3.5 bar sensor was only chose on the JB4 also not MHD as it does the conversion internally.

LPFP pressure is 75-80, fuses are also okay also that are related to this.

I’ve tried removing the jb4 and running the car on stock map and still cranks and fires for a split second same as before.

Only code I am getting is a 2E77 (DME: firing voltage supply) but says it’s a shadow code & inactive.

Has anybody had this issue before after flashing?

Just out of curiosity I used a tiny bit of easy start to see if it would give me anything different and it definitely sounded like it wanted to go which leads me to think it’s fuel related, I done some logs while trying to start and my AFRs stay exactly the same throughout the starting which also might mean injectors not firing. I then opened the ECU and checked all the mosfets associated with injectors as I have a MSD80 ECU and know they are prone to go in some cases but found mine all to be okay after testing with a multimeter.

Wondered if I could be missing something simple that anybody else might see? Could it be possible that the immobiliser has lost sync with the car after the flash?

Short video of it trying to start below

Appreciate 0