BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #23
dclive
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMike View Post
Just went over 8200 miles and had the add oil light...did and all seems fine. The longer I have this thing, the more "quirky" it becomes...HPFP, third brake lens, seat heat came on by itself, adaptive headlights stopped working, headlight washers stopped working, 2x needed reprogramming (now I have the dreaded lag!!!)....What I find interesting is that my service tech says even on n54 engined Euro versions, they don't have these issues. It's only the US Spec cars. Something to do with emissions and other US DOT requirements...maybe it's time to admit defeat and look elsewhere...maybe an 06 M3?? I do love my car but I've never had a car in the shop more than this one.
My 135i lags when I accelerate - is that what you mean by the dreaded lag? What did you do to fix it? My dealer says "No code, so no problem" and I'm sick of it. If I ever get stuck where the car won't accelerate and I'm going into or merging with incoming traffic, this becomes a serious issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 05:07 PM   #24
bmw328lover
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i xdrive 2014

Post Bmw 328i 2014 oil problem (I keep filling up, still shows low oil)

so recently like 2 months ago my Bmw 328i xdrive 2014 showed low oil please add one quart of oil, so i did, a month later it showed again and i filled again, a week later it showed again so i filed again and went to dealer to get it checked out, and they said might be sensor problem or oil leaking or i thought like its just burning oil cause its not leaking or else I woulda seen in my garage. Anyone else had this problem because right now it shows oil below minmum please refill, and I had to go 3 times already to refill, so if anyone else had this problem please reply to me, or email me: rzajudo.a@gmail.com
Thank you to whoever reaches out to me in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #25
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328lover View Post
so recently like 2 months ago my Bmw 328i xdrive 2014 showed low oil please add one quart of oil, so i did, a month later it showed again and i filled again, a week later it showed again so i filed again and went to dealer to get it checked out, and they said might be sensor problem or oil leaking or i thought like its just burning oil cause its not leaking or else I woulda seen in my garage. Anyone else had this problem because right now it shows oil below minmum please refill, and I had to go 3 times already to refill, so if anyone else had this problem please reply to me, or email me: rzajudo.a@gmail.com
Thank you to whoever reaches out to me in advance.
Does the warning go away when you add oil? If it does then comes back it's a leak somewhere. BMWs are oil leakers, gotta find it and fix it.