BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-18-2020, 03:59 AM   #1
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Coding CIC BUSINESS

Good Morning!

I bought a cic bussines (1 din without ventilator), and i want to install it in my e87, at now i have pdc and hifi sound but without fiber. Is it possibly to code it without fiber?

I read in another forums that i need to change my date car to another more recent like 2007 because my car is from 2004 (pre-lci). If i change the date of my car, can i code it with carly?
Is it dangerous to change the date of the car?
Is there any guide here to coding the cic bussines?

Thank you soo much!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #2
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitoncho View Post
Good Morning!

I bought a cic bussines (1 din without ventilator), and i want to install it in my e87, at now i have pdc and hifi sound but without fiber. Is it possibly to code it without fiber?

I read in another forums that i need to change my date car to another more recent like 2007 because my car is from 2004 (pre-lci). If i change the date of my car, can i code it with carly?
Is it dangerous to change the date of the car?
Is there any guide here to coding the cic bussines?

Thank you soo much!
Fiber is only needed for FW Update, for coding you don`t need it at all.
You need to use a INPA Interface and NCS-Exp*rt Software for proper coding, carly won`t do the job for you.
If you also want do use OEM Navigation you need a CAN-Filter (VIN Emulator).

Kri
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Fiber is only needed for FW Update, for coding you don`t need it at all.
You need to use a INPA Interface and NCS-Exp*rt Software for proper coding, carly won`t do the job for you.
If you also want do use OEM Navigation you need a CAN-Filter (VIN Emulator).

Kri
Thank you for your answer.

The cic bussines is updated to the newer version because the seller told me that he update it to use with navigations and maps.
Soo, the cic can work with my car without fiber, and if i want to make pdc working with the hifi sound i need to update V.O and year and coding right?
I dont want to use now the navigation of the cic, because i want to use it with the android screen, and i will use the navi of the android auto radio..

Thank you!
Appreciate 0