BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
thedabmane
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

Exclamation 09 128i headlight problems! HELP

New to 1addicts so hello everyone! First off i bought a 09 128i sport package and immediately upgraded the lights because im not a fan of the amber color halos. Before i figured out how to do the lights myself i had an IT from Subaru put in my first set of lights and he broke a clip for the cover, i found out about a week later when i went to put in a new set of lights and saw that and it answered my question as too why i kept getting condensation in my passenger side headlamp. I then fixed this problem and the condensation went away but a day or 2 later my light code threw and that side was out, i went and bought a bulb and replaced it and it still did not work. I then took the cover off, let the car sit in the sun for a lil while i tried to figure it out and schedule a time to go see an audio/light expert close to me. The next day my error code went away and my light was working but i just recently noticed now that the center of my halo ring closest to my grill on the passenger side is not working or is just dim. Could this be a ballast problem? I do not want to go to BMW and diagnose it because i know it will cost me a fortune. No codes throw on my dashboard btw even though that center piece does not light up.
Appreciate 0