BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
Gassed135
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Exclamation 2012 BMW 135i Strange Noise when braking

I bought a BMW 135i n55 with 45k miles from car max on November 1 2019. I love the car and it was driving great, but a couple of weeks ago i started hearing a strange noise coming from the right side of the car that would only become audible when braking, the closest thing i can compare the noise to is the sound that dolphins make. The steering wheel also began to pull to the right and the steering became very loose. I took the car to BMW and said that they would perform an alignment for the steering issue, but they told me they didn’t find any type of noise or anything that could be causing it. I drove home and the noise was not there anymore, but when i got home the noise came back. Any idea as to what the noise might be or what might be causing it? Thank you.

Last edited by Gassed135; 12-10-2019 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gassed135 View Post
I bought a BMW 135i n55 with 45k miles from car max on November 1 2019. I love the car and it was driving great, but a couple of weeks ago i started hearing a strange noise coming from the right side of the car that would only become audible when braking, the closest thing i can compare the noise to is the sound that dolphins make. The steering wheel also began to pull to the right and the steering became very loose. I took the car to BMW and said that they would perform an alignment for the steering issue, but they told me they didn’t find any type of noise or anything that could be causing it. I drove home and the noise was not there anymore, but when i got home the noise came back. Any idea as to what the noise might be or what might be causing it? Thank you.
Man two posts up the op is saying rhe same shit.. wierd
      12-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
Gassed135
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitesales305 View Post
Quote:
I bought a BMW 135i n55 with 45k miles from car max on November 1 2019. I love the car and it was driving great, but a couple of weeks ago i started hearing a strange noise coming from the right side of the car that would only become audible when braking, the closest thing i can compare the noise to is the sound that dolphins make. The steering wheel also began to pull to the right and the steering became very loose. I took the car to BMW and said that they would perform an alignment for the steering issue, but they told me they didn't find any type of noise or anything that could be causing it. I drove home and the noise was not there anymore, but when i got home the noise came back. Any idea as to what the noise might be or what might be causing it? Thank you.
Quote:
Quote:
I bought a BMW 135i n55 with 45k miles from car max on November 1 2019. I love the car and it was driving great, but a couple of weeks ago i started hearing a strange noise coming from the right side of the car that would only become audible when braking, the closest thing i can compare the noise to is the sound that dolphins make. The steering wheel also began to pull to the right and the steering became very loose. I took the car to BMW and said that they would perform an alignment for the steering issue, but they told me they didn't find any type of noise or anything that could be causing it. I drove home and the noise was not there anymore, but when i got home the noise came back. Any idea as to what the noise might be or what might be causing it? Thank you.
Which post is it i cant find it
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #4
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which post is it i cant find it
Ummmmm its there popped up as the first one for me.. guy hasnt gotten any remedies tho.. fresh posy like urs