BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
NYSLC93
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M & 2017 4Runner

Talking Lowering Springs + New Struts > Coilovers

Hey all. My 'new' 1M is enroute and I'm pumped!

My past couple cars were fitted with harsh coilovers, that made everyday driving less enjoyable, so I'm looking for a slightly lower than stock set-up, with everyday driveablility.

That being said, I'm considering Eibach or H&R lowering springs. I'm not looking to go too agressive, just want to fill the front wheel gap.

The car has 42k miles, and is nearly 10-years old at this point so I suppose I might as well fit a set of new struts while I'm at it.

To this end, I'm considering just getting Bilstein OE replacements or a set of the Bilstein B6.

Likely also adding 10 or 12mm spacers.

Does anyone on here have experience with this set-up? I found a few old threads that never closed the loop. TIA!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M3 Conversion

I got eibach springs personally. There were around 100 new shipped directly from eibach.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
JakeKarson
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford

Hi there!

I'm kinda new to the whole bmw scene and I don't know where to start with this problem.

Recently my stock 2011 bmw 128i with 105k miles, the n52 engine, and a automatic transmission, started to stumble while idling at a light and will sometimes kinda jerk past 3k rpm. I only see about a 100 rpm drop when it does this, but it is enough to shake the car a bit. I don't have a check engine light on at all, which is making this a fair bit harder to figure out. I have had some small issues with injectors in the past that seemed to go away on its own with a bottle of injector cleaner and that has lasted me for 10k miles.

At this point the only things I can think of being the problem would be the vannos soleniods, spark plugs, or (hopefully not) something in the trans, but those options don't narrow it down much.tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by JakeKarson; 03-18-2020 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0