BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #1
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Question Automatic N52 Oil Pan Gasket Questions

Hello,

I'm a good bit into the oil pan replacement job using this DIY ( https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180020 ) as i saw recommended by others but I had a few questions. On that DIY i have completed everything up to step 19 give or take a couple of the differences between the 2 cars. To give a bit more space and as a preventive maintenance I have both engine mounts currently removed aswell.

My main questions are do i need to do anything to the power steering or is the subframe dropped enough room?

And my main struggle is currently the 2 hard lines from the transmission mounted right in front of the bolts on the driver side closer to the rear of the pan. I have the 2 brackets for them unbolted so the have a bit more play in them but they are still plenty in the way.

Was just wondering if anyone had any other advice or things i could try.
I also have a pinched nerve in my neck so i am working rather slowly when i can.
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 05:40 PM   #2
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

If anyone else is wondering - i forgot i should answer this, you can either have a second person pull on the lines outwards so you can fit an extension with a u-joint on it, or others did report unbolting the lines at the transmission but you will loose some fluid if you do it that way.,
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0