BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
AaronFitz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Need help with MHD Log

Hey All,
I recently tuned my 2011 135i DCT with MHD Stage 1 and just did a log today;
Ambient temps were roughly 90 here in jersey and it was a 3rd gear WOT pull. There seems to be timing corrections on all cylinders besides cylinder 3. And my boost seems to be under target. I am new to reading logs and was wondering if someone with more experience could chime in and see if anything is abnormal. I have not changed my plugs or coils yet and I have had some stuttering in 6th while passing on the highway.
Mods to the car are:
VRSF charge pipe
Berk race axelback
K&N filter (I know not really a mod but still haha)
Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you
My log:
https://datazap.me/u/aaronfitz/log-1...38;data=3-4-11
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
TurboTom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i DCT

I'm not a pro, but it looks like a possible boost leak to me. What octane are you running? Check all your connections visually before you go spending money on a pressure tester. I've seen quite a few reports of the bottom meth bung plug coming undone recently, check that also. Did you move the o-ring over from the OEM CP to the VRSF CP when you installed it?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
AaronFitz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
I'm not a pro, but it looks like a possible boost leak to me. What octane are you running? Check all your connections visually before you go spending money on a pressure tester. I've seen quite a few reports of the bottom meth bung plug coming undone recently, check that also. Did you move the o-ring over from the OEM CP to the VRSF CP when you installed it?
Thank you for the response Tom! I was thinking the same in regards to a boost leak, I am going to go over all the connections and the meth bungs to see if i can find any possible leaks. I am running 93 octane and I used the replacement O-ring supplied by VRSF for the charge pipe. Any idea of what could be causing the hesitations when passing in 6th gear on the freeway?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 09:16 PM   #4
TurboTom
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronFitz View Post
Thank you for the response Tom! I was thinking the same in regards to a boost leak, I am going to go over all the connections and the meth bungs to see if i can find any possible leaks. I am running 93 octane and I used the replacement O-ring supplied by VRSF for the charge pipe. Any idea of what could be causing the hesitations when passing in 6th gear on the freeway?
You said you haven't replaced the spark plugs or coils yet. How many miles on them? That would be my guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #5
AaronFitz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You said you haven't replaced the spark plugs or coils yet. How many miles on them? That would be my guess.
They have 18K on them so I was going to replace them anyway especially because of the tune. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #6
TurboTom
Private
Rep

Quote:
They have 18K on them so I was going to replace them anyway especially because of the tune. Thanks again!
Seems a bit early to me... I would try to catch it on a log and post it up. Also, did it start sputtering immediately after the tune? Was it doing it before?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #7
AaronFitz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Seems a bit early to me... I would try to catch it on a log and post it up. Also, did it start sputtering immediately after the tune? Was it doing it before?
I never noticed it before the tune only after, I'm going to try and catch it on a log tmr and also maybe flash the car back to stock to see if the sputtering goes away
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #8
inevitab1e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Hey All,
Ambient temps were roughly 90 here in jersey and it was a 3rd gear WOT pull. There seems to be timing corrections on all cylinders besides cylinder 3. And my boost seems to be under target. I am new to reading logs and was wondering if someone with more experience could chime in and see if anything is abnormal. I have not changed my plugs or coils yet and I have had some stuttering in 6th while passing on the highway.
Mods to the car are:
VRSF charge pipe
Berk race axelback
My log:
https://datazap.me/u/aaronfitz/log-1...=0&data=3-4-11
Did you figure it out?
Were you going downhill for the log?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #9
AaronFitz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
Quote:
Hey All,
Mods to the car are:
VRSF charge pipe
Berk race axelback
My log:
https://datazap.me/u/aaronfitz/log-1...38;data=3-4-11
Did you figure it out?
Were you going downhill for the log?
Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on the car so I haven't figured it out yet, and nah the log was done on a flat road. I'm hoping to hop in and do some more logs next week to get the stutters recorded. They def feel like they are happening in more gears than just 6th, no codes yet
Appreciate 0