BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Wuste2010
Rep
Drives: June 4-6, 2010 @ PalaceStation

Wuste2010: All-Cal Caravan Info / Rally Point Thread

When: Friday, June 4th
Time: Meet @ 1:00 pm... we will depart @ 130pm. Sharp. (Or at least we'll try)
Map: Click Here. Map Provided By Google
Directions: Coming from the 15N, exit Lenwood Road, make a left off the freeway, and make a right on to Commerce Parkway (first right past freeway). You should see us.. if you don't see us, KEEP GOING. (Coming from 15S, you'll make a right off the freeway)

The Logistics: Basically, it is every-man-for-himself to get there. There will be "sub-caravans" that others will organize to get out to Barstow, but there would just be too much planning to try to coordinate all these, so I will make sure to post the links for the other caravans in this thread... Everyone on this caravan will have their room waiting for them in Vegas, so feel free to pace yourself as you see fit. There will be a "main group" which will be going ~80/85 mph the entire way with no stops but if you choose to go slower or faster, that is completely up to you.. Don't let others decide your pace. It is a straight-shot up I-15 to Vegas so directions to Palace Station will be given orally at the drivers-meeting.

It is highly suggested that you bring the following:
- Full tank of gas (there is ample opportunity to fill-up on Lenwood Road, so please do so)
- A full tummy/some snacks (it'll be best to just cruise the entire way and not have to stop for food... again, another thing you can fill-up on at Lenwood Road)
- A 2-way radio (we will announce channel at the drivers-meeting)
- Radar Detector (self-explanatory)
- A good attitude... Your actions in the caravan will reflect either well or poorly on all in the caravan.

I can not stress this enough.. everyone needs to be chill on this caravan. 250+ (possibly more like 300+) cars on the road at the same time is high-profile enough... the last thing we need is a couple *******s making trouble for everyone else... Just respect the person in-front and behind you (that means no tail-gating), watch your speeds (this road is a "Safety Corridor... which means there is added enforcement). There is absolutely no hurry to get there and this IS NOT A RACE!
Appreciate 0