BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Another Charge Pipe Question

Hi guys, had a question about my ER charge pipe install (stock CR finally crapped out and cracked on a road trip through the mountains).

So for the diverter valve connections, I used the 90 degree elbow (didn't shorten it) on the connection closest to the firewall and the short straight connection below that (pic below). Should the 90 elbow be on the other connection? I think that would make sense for one it gets the plastic connecting thing off the well and knocking against it. Is that correct?

06-27-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

There’s a little bit of trial and error required to find the right combination of silicone couplers that prevent the plastic chunk from clanking against the shock tower. I think I did exactly what you propose - swapping the couplers even though it initially did not make sense.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 07:27 AM   #3
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Thanks, Ayao. I guess I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a wrong way to connect them that would cause any issues.

The original connections had the lines a lot closer to the pipe body. I guess I'll play around with it to see if I can get things as close to the stock layout as possible and not have things knocking against car.
      07-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #4
Boost3d_1M
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

Not sure if this helps, but this was my old setup with the ER dv's... Iv since moved to a bov setup
Attached Images

Appreciate 0