BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #45
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

Wanganstyle, hats off to you. Why don't you just come out and say your with a shop, nice Facebook page by the way. Looks like your very knowledgable about diffs.. How long have you been involved? What are your plans with the drexler?
      08-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #46
Jtoft
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
What is wrong with sharing knowledge?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #47
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

Nothing at all, just don't say one brand in Cheap because you sell another brand. His knowledge of his product he sells is outstanding. Customer service goes a long way these days and is rare.
      08-31-2014, 05:03 PM   #48
wanganstyle
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E30 24v, E38 V12

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnpaintball2 View Post
Nothing at all, just don't say one brand in Cheap because you sell another brand. His knowledge of his product he sells is outstanding. Customer service goes a long way these days and is rare.
My apologies; I don't mean to offend; hard to express these things over the interweb

I handle more BMW OEM differentials than OS units; OS is simply for pure racing or those building street cars on no limit budgets.

I don't understand why people dog the OS Giken simply because its expensive; or push wavetrac because its gear type and cant wear out.

The not so exciting 1M m-variable LSD is perfect for 100k of use before it wears out; it does have 7 clutches inside it-

I like all types of LSD differentials and am just sharing data; Just built and shipped a Gear type differential last week (Zexel), I like the Drexler units very much as they are PRECISION parts made in Germany with BMW/porsche in mind

Cost is not everything when addressing a differential choice-
Appreciate 1