BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
jhonson3141
Rep
Drives: 1M

power steering issues again

HI

I know there are a few thread around abt the power steering issues, but mine problem are worse to any other 1m

My 1st power steering fail similar to others, it goes solid after a few minute drafting and will come back after 30 minute cool down. I have went to deallers but they refuse to take action because they calm they can never tested it. So i go out and do more drifting, til the power steering become solid even with cool down. Dealer convinced the and swap the pump and steel acturator.

but they problem is not really resolved, after few minute drafting the problem comes up again! it's like 1st time it will be solid and than comes back.

i not sure where to look at now, the only thing i can recall is that this problem didnt occur before i have my engine spaw (my last engine dies due to cracked bearing shell, job carry out by 4s). what could be other problem with power steering system?

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!Drifting is the only reason i pick 1m!!! with such problem hanging around i might end up with selling my car really soon! i have bought this car for 10 mouths but it has been kept in dealler awaiting for repare or 5month already, i really wanna get this car right so i have have real good fun with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Kudoos on the usage of your 1M.

Suspect a solution is inside your own research:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonson3141 View Post
... the only thing i can recall is that this problem didnt occur before i have my engine spaw (my last engine dies due to cracked bearing shell, job carry out by 4s). ...
also try this post and posts below it (fluid related): http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=27
Appreciate 0