BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #89
Lips
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I just want to test drive this thing already. It will either be this or the G37. I can't wait until January...
      08-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #90
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lips View Post
I'm just reporting what I have been told. Honestly though, why is it so hard to believe? It was supposed to be March, now it is January. It's moved up two months at most and the car will be released in other countries earlier then January so it's not like they can't release it here...I dunno I guess we will know for sure in January.
The funniest thing I've read yet was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Complete BS. NA rollout is still set for Spring 2008.

Not to mention BMW has NEVER released a new model in January.
In truth, my dealer said that this will be a slow building roll-out so cars will be extremely limited for a few months.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #91
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

I hope you, or rather your salesman, is right Lips. I WANT to believe the car will be available in the US in January. But why would BMWNA do a press release stating Spring 2008, then change it to January 2008 without any kind of announcement? Makes it illogical to me.
      08-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #92
Ricky Bobby
How much for the ape?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E60

Guys and Gals, this is not correct info. I work for BMW and had my area rep call NA today. The release date is March 22nd, the M3 coupe and sedan drop the same day. Sorry I want it early too and since it is in production already it seems possible but is not planned to enter US until the March 22 date....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 06:49 AM   #93
Lips
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I dunno, I was told it would be released early. Again, why would my salesman blatantly lie to me? Maybe he received bad information, but there is no way he would purposely lie to me. Especially when we've purchased many cars from him in the past. Like I said before once January roles around we will know for sure...
      08-31-2007, 06:52 AM   #94
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lips View Post
...why would my salesman blatantly lie to me? ...
to get you to commit early to buying by placing a deposit now? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 08:01 AM   #95
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
to get you to commit early to buying by placing a deposit now? :iono:
BS... They make no money on fully refundable deposits and will make the exact same amount of money selling the cars as they are delivered. There is no reason for a dealer to lie about something like this. Mine told me the same thing that Lips heard on the other side of the country. They know very little but they have heard that production will begin in December and it typically takes about 6 weeks to get to the dealer's doorstep. Do the math, it's not very complicated. Now if they build the car in Dec and wait until March to deliver it... that would be a little weird. I'm with Lips on this one. No value added in pissing off or lying to customers or dragging out the delivery process longer than "promised."
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 08:05 AM   #96
GreenMonster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Could it be that there's just some confusion over what cars are showing up at the dealers in January ?? Maybe it's just the demo cars showing up in January for test drives...

I tend not to believe anything that sales people say because in my experience they know less about the cars they sell than some of the people on forums.... that and the fact that salespeople are lying thieving bastards :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #97
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Nashville View Post
Sorry I want it early too and since it is in production already it seems possible but is not planned to enter US until the March 22 date....
+1. Hasn't BMW already said "Spring 2008"? There is no reason for them to advance the release date, as I'm sure initial production will be sold out in Europe.

I'm not calling you a liar, Lips, but I do believe your salesman is misinformed.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 08:12 AM   #98
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
Could it be that there's just some confusion over what cars are showing up at the dealers in January ?? Maybe it's just the demo cars showing up in January for test drives...

I tend not to believe anything that sales people say because in my experience they know less about the cars they sell than some of the people on forums.... that and the fact that salespeople are lying thieving bastards :biggrin:
+1
      08-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #99
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
BS... They make no money on fully refundable deposits and will make the exact same amount of money selling the cars as they are delivered. There is no reason for a dealer to lie about something like this. Mine told me the same thing that Lips heard on the other side of the country. They know very little but they have heard that production will begin in December and it typically takes about 6 weeks to get to the dealer's doorstep. Do the math, it's not very complicated. Now if they build the car in Dec and wait until March to deliver it... that would be a little weird. I'm with Lips on this one. No value added in pissing off or lying to customers or dragging out the delivery process longer than "promised."
maybe. it would be very crappy for anyone to lie like that. but getting a deposit is definitely a worth-while foot-in-the-door approach to making a sale. i was just speculating anyway.

i didn't realize your dealer said the same. that's good to hear. i guess we will see soon enough. cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #100
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
I think that's exactly it- early demos on lots to whet the appetite.
By that time also the media should be in full-hysteria if the Automobile mag October blurb is any indication.

I also agree with Nashville- it's March 22 for delivered cars to go on sale and leave the lots for happy driveways around the country.
This date has been confirmed by Ultimate and Irv...I think that either one or both would have sent a signal if the date had been moved-
afterall Irv would stand to gain if it were so.

The other thing- 2008-2009 is going to be a huge year at BMW dealerships....releasing the X6, the new Z4 and the 1-coupe.
The X and the Z both debuting with design cues from the CS Concept and each bound to be polarizing. YES! A great year coming up.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #101
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

this sounds very reasonable to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 09:37 AM   #102
Lips
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

It is very likely the demos will arrive for test drive in January. Again, i'm not really sure, but I know for a fact he has no reason to lie to me. He ordered a new 3 series convertible for my parents with no deposit so the fact that you think he just wants me to put a deposit down is incorrect. As soon as I hear more from him I will let you all know. I told him to contact me once he has more specific information on options and things of that nature.

Lips