BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-05-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Performance Suspension front sway vs M3

So I have the 128i Performance Suspension installed on my car (along with M3 rear subframe bushing and M3 front control arms). This suspension came with a different front sway bar than the stock M Sport one.

However, a common mod I see on here is the M3 front sway bar (both coupe and convertible) and I am curious if anyone knows how much of a difference there might be between the PS bar and either the M3 coupe or M3 convertible bars?

I'm really looking to know if adding either of these would make a tangible difference? For what its worth my car is 90% street with so far averaging 1 or 2 autocross events a year just for grins (not competition).

Appreciate any help!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #2
Thunderguts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

Interesting. I'm running a nearly identical setup. Next on my list is rear M3 subframe bushings. I nearly bought the M3 front sway, but decided to try the BMWP first.

I haven't been able to fully flog my new setup yet because of the cold weather, but I hope that I've eliminated any understeer (-1.1° in the front and square 225 tires). I wouldn't think the M3 bar would get me much unless, surprisingly, I still have any understeer.
Appreciate 0