BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
dacosta135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Retro Fit Pre LCI to LCI Question!

Hello all,

So i have an appointment with GTA RetroFits in Ontario, Canada to retro fit my headlights. Im sure blacking out the lights, changing the halos and adding some demon eyes will make the car look a whole lot better but, even before its done im still not satisfied. Something about the LCI eyebrow that I LOVE and wish my car had.

Is there any possibility I could buy the parts to add this in when the retrofitting gets completed? I was thinking maybe there is a website I can buy the housing for LCI and the eyebrow but im unsure where...

If any one has any information and they could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #2
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Don't know the company you're referring to but I've been quoted $500 for adding an LCI "style" eyebrow during a retrofit. They may be able to do something similar. I'm assuming that's WAY cheaper than sourcing the OEM housing. I know the full lights themselves go for about $1800
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 12:46 PM   #3
dacosta135i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
Don't know the company you're referring to but I've been quoted $500 for adding an LCI "style" eyebrow during a retrofit. They may be able to do something similar. I'm assuming that's WAY cheaper than sourcing the OEM housing. I know the full lights themselves go for about $1800
The company I am going with said to get the eyebrow I would have to purchase the entire light assembly. I'm assuming he just doesn't know where to source the eyebrow and neither do I. Do you have any idea where I could get the parts?

Sucks bavgruppe has an eyebrow for e90s but nothing for e82's
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
low135
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacosta135i View Post
Quote:
The company I am going with said to get the eyebrow I would have to purchase the entire light assembly. I'm assuming he just doesn't know where to source the eyebrow and neither do I. Do you have any idea where I could get the parts?

Sucks bavgruppe has an eyebrow for e90s but nothing for e82's
The company I was talking to was just going to make them. they do internal eyebrows all the time so they'd just inset an LED strip inside
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
dacosta135i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The company I was talking to was just going to make them. they do internal eyebrows all the time so they'd just inset an LED strip inside
True... those look really good and ideal to what I want.

My issue is I already paid for parts. I ended up buying bavgruppes halos which im good with. For the eyebrow I just got the carbon fiber sticker since my guy didnt mention anything about building the eyebrow. A couple people have the sticker on and they look good in photos so im going to just try them out.

Taking car off the road in the next week or two and then sending my headlights in for retrofit!

Have an instagram for your car? would love to see some pics
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
low135
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacosta135i View Post
Quote:
True... those look really good and ideal to what I want.

My issue is I already paid for parts. I ended up buying bavgruppes halos which im good with. For the eyebrow I just got the carbon fiber sticker since my guy didnt mention anything about building the eyebrow. A couple people have the sticker on and they look good in photos so im going to just try them out.

Taking car off the road in the next week or two and then sending my headlights in for retrofit!

Have an instagram for your car? would love to see some pics
Yeah it's just my username on here @low135
Appreciate 0