BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-09-2019, 12:01 AM   #1
Bam002
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 Dinan M5, Stage 2 135i

I did some work to my 1er last week and now I've got some service codes I need to address.

Work done:
Active Autowerke charge pipe w/new MAF sensor
New oil cooler gaskets
New water pump
New thermostat
New Aluminum wrapped thermo - water pump hosing
Wagner Evo1 Competition FMIC
New spark plugs
Fresh Oil
Fresh coolant

Now I have the following codes: (keep in mind I have a cheap code reader)
P0128 +pd (coolant temp/Thermostat)
P0113 +pd (high voltage input from the Intake Air Temperature to the Power Train Control Module)
P0100 +pd (low voltage output from MAF sensor)
P0111 +pd (Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit range or performance problem)
P0108 (Manifold Air Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input)
P068a +pd (ECM/PCM, has detected a defect in the de-energizing procedure for the relay which supplies it with voltage. In this case the relay has de-energized too soon)
Mil on ??? (maybe Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Electrical)
Monitors (???)
0 inc (???)
8 ready
Misfire
Fuel
Comp
Catalyst
Evap
O2 sensor
O2 her
Egr

If anyone has some strategies on how to best attack this, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

My strategy for these codes which I use on all cars, not just my current BMW, is to clear the codes the first time they appear, especially if they don't totally make sense. If there is a real issue, they will reappear. For the codes you list, I would do no more than make sure the sensor is plugged in and then clear the codes and see if any come back.

BMWs are set up to be cry babies in my opinion. They er on the side of yelling at you. If there is something wrong, the car will let you know.
      08-18-2019, 11:27 PM   #3
Bam002
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 Dinan M5, Stage 2 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
My strategy for these codes which I use on all cars, not just my current BMW, is to clear the codes the first time they appear, especially if they don't totally make sense. If there is a real issue, they will reappear. For the codes you list, I would do no more than make sure the sensor is plugged in and then clear the codes and see if any come back.

BMWs are set up to be cry babies in my opinion. They er on the side of yelling at you. If there is something wrong, the car will let you know.
thanks. I resent everything and started from scratch and found to have a misfire in Cylinder 5. did some swapping of coils then of plugs and discovered it to be a bad Bosch spark plug. kinda feel I should have gone NGK but oh well. changed the plug and No Codes but there's still a few kinks to work out
Appreciate 0