BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

P29E1

Hello everyone. Recently my CEL came on for code P29E1 for Fuel Mixture Control. There is no power loss; I am spinng in 3rd gear hitting target boost of 18.5-19 psi. No idling issues, the car drives exactly the same as it always has.

Specs:
2008 135i
6spd Manual
57k Miles
Walnut Blasting done at 50k miles
Spark plugs changed at 45k miles
Smoke test done recently
All Maintenance up to par

Mods:
JB4 G5 ISO Map 7
E85 Backend Flash
10 Gallons of E85 (Gas station states 85% concentration)
3 Gallons of 93 octane
BMS 3" kittyless down pipes
Berk Race Axleback
BMS DCIs
ER Charge pipe w/ Tial Q BOV
VRSF 7" FMIC w/ upper charge pipe
Walbro 255 lpfp
Resonated Stock Mids (Cats deleted)

Prior to all this, my friend used his BMWhat bluetooth adapter to test on my car along with the jb4 app. Originally we wanted to see if we could run diagnostics to remove the adaptive headlight error but he couldn't so he just cleared everything. I'm not sure if by doing this he also wrote over my Backend flash causing me to lean out.

Thinking that was the issue I did a partial write up for the E85 flash last night. The cel immediately went away but I began to have start up issues with idling. Again, no power loss just unusual start ups.. Even worse on cold start ups.

Did a Idle data log. AFRs when I first start the car are 17-18 and Trims are 11-12. Then after 30 seconds drops down 14.7 and 4.

Starts up just fine but it's the idle that's the weird part. Remember I had this code for over a week now but ever since I did the reflash yesterday the idle has been crazy.

Please any help will be very much appreciated!!!

Link to the warm start up is here:
http://s763.photobucket.com/user/dha...c9ca7.mp4.html

Video of my cold start up this morning.

*Note* I was NOT touching the throttle.

Starts up fine but when the rpms come down is the issue. After this settles the car idles completely fine after.

08' Sparkling Graphite Metallic E82 135i. 6spd Manual.

Last edited by ..; 09-07-2014 at 06:28 AM..
Appreciate 0