BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-17-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw 135i

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Good evening all fellow 1ers,

As you all probably know by now DADDY'S SCP is no longer in business. What I didn't know was that they used another company to manufacture the exhaust system ( Strömung Exhaust Engineering).

As It seems like there is still a strong demand for the MADDAD exhaust and Midpipe (including myself) I reached out the the manufacture, and got in contact with Scott Taylor who is the main contact over at Strömung Who informed me he still has all the components to make the exhausts (both the whisper and street versions , as well as Midpipe.

After going back and forth about getting this ordered it's about a 2-3 week turn around from purchase to delivery. This may change depending on how much interest this forum brings. I mentioned the fact we had lots of interest for this product, and he said that I can try and set up a GROUP BUY to get a significant discount.

I will keep this post up for the entire week and then I will have to get back in touch with him on either completing my purchase or however many people we get. Please leave your member name, and what you would like purchase.

The options for purchasing are as follows with this being the current pricing to purchase individually. I asked about the carbon fiber tips and he said those are not available.

-EuroSport Street with tip options ( Polished SS, or black ceramic) $599.00

-Eurosport Whisper with tip options ( Polishes SS, or black ceramic)- $689.00

-Maddad Eurosport Midpipe - $709.00

PLEASE PLEASE SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. As I am not trying to waste their time nor anyone else's. I am 100% purchasing the entire catback system within the next two weeks pending this ,and even if we get two people there's still a high chance we can get some sort of discount. Payment will be made through PayPal. If you have any questions please PM me, and I will email Scott who is super responsive and gets back quickly.

Axleback Group buy ( need 10 )
1. Russiandl - russiandl@yahoo.com Whisper(ceramic black tips)

2. duder13 - Douglasferling@gmail.com
EuroSport Street( ceramic black tips)

3. TheMilkManz- stephanmiljkovic@gmail.com
Whisper ( ceramic black tips )

Midpipe Group buy ( need 10 )

1) Russiandl - russiandl@yahoo.com
Midpipe

2) Ajacks - Ajacobitz8@netscape.net

Appreciate 2
kafandi13.00
CH400EM117.50
      02-17-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
This is awesome, I been searching exhausts for a couple months just couldn't find exactly what i wanted. I did not know they were out of bizz. I just recently emailed them and was disappointed they never got back to me.
I'd definitely be in for a whisper axelback with black tips. If you can get a few people together and a discount that would be great.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro135 View Post
This is awesome, I been searching exhausts for a couple months just couldn't find exactly what i wanted. I did not know they were out of bizz. I just recently emailed them and was disappointed they never got back to me.
I'd definitely be in for a whisper axelback with black tips. If you can get a few people together and a discount that would be great.
I think a lot of us are going to be on the same boat ( emailed no response ) and good luck trying to pick one up as used at this point
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 01:15 AM   #4
blackburn-hero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i M

why the midpipe is cheaper on the website?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 04:40 AM   #5
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburn-hero View Post
why the midpipe is cheaper on the website?
The website has been inactive for a number of years from what i understand, cost of material/ labor would be my guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #6
smi2710
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325xi

Id love to know the discount we would receive.

whats the difference between the street and whisper does anyone have sound clips?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 01:54 PM   #7
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi2710 View Post
Id love to know the discount we would receive.

whats the difference between the street and whisper does anyone have sound clips?
He said it would Depend on how much interest there would be generated. YouTube the two there's plenty of clips
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #8
ajacks8
Rep
Drives: 2004 X5 estoril 4.8is

Is there an additional cost for shipping? I may have missed that part?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 02:34 AM   #9
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacks8 View Post
Is there an additional cost for shipping? I may have missed that part?
He quoted me 159.00 for both the mid and the axle back.. but he said they would cover 50.00 dollars worth. So I'm guessing 109 us delivered
Appreciate 1
CH400EM117.50
      02-19-2020, 02:40 AM   #10
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm actually somewhat confused why more people
Are not interested. Everyone talks bout getting one, complains about not being able to get one... and when it's possible to create a generous buy, Nobody is stepping forward.

If there's something I can help answer or some
Questions I can help answer or Scott can answer please reach out
Appreciate 1
CH400EM117.50
      02-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #11
CH400EM
M119
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9892 Merc 400E, %E2%80%

Thanks for doing this. I know it's work to get this set up. As far as people interested, I just saw this post today, as I'm not scrolling the for sale section everyday.

Is there a date that you want all interested parties notify you by?
      02-19-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH400EM View Post
Thanks for doing this. I know it's work to get this set up. As far as people interested, I just saw this post today, as I'm not scrolling the for sale section everyday.

Is there a date that you want all interested parties notify you by?
There is no specific time frame. But I'm planning on ordering mine by the end of weekend, he has already completed my midpipe, and starting on exhaust which he said is going to be 5-6 days. When I first spoke to him he wasn't even sure if he had all the components to make everything for our cars. So I don't even know how much longer he will plan on keeping them. I just told him that there wasn't much interest on the forum. But hey
Like I said maybe even ordering two at once we can possibly get a discount. I can definitely ask him once you decide what you would like.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #13
DoofyTheNut
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russiandl View Post
There is no specific time frame. But I'm planning on ordering mine by the end of weekend, he has already completed my midpipe, and starting on exhaust which he said is going to be 5-6 days. When I first spoke to him he wasn't even sure if he had all the components to make everything for our cars. So I don't even know how much longer he will plan on keeping them. I just told him that there wasn't much interest on the forum. But hey
Like I said maybe even ordering two at once we can possibly get a discount. I can definitely ask him once you decide what you would like.
This might be a strange question, but do you know if the midpipe would fit an x1 with an N55? I’ve been looking for a midpipe and I know these are very well made, as well as I know that some axleback exhausts fit the x1 from the 135i. That would make me want to buy one more if it fit.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:35 AM   #14
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoofyTheNut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russiandl View Post
This might be a strange question, but do you know if the midpipe would fit an x1 with an N55? I’ve been looking for a midpipe and I know these are very well made, as well as I know that some axleback exhausts fit the x1 from the 135i. That would make me want to buy one more if it fit.
That I'm not 100 percent sure about as I don't know if the mids are shaped the same way on the x1. Search realoem see if the part number matches up to the n55 135i
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #15
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

So. I don't want to derail this too badly, but if you guys want the quad exhaust that MadDad promised but never made, my fabricator is willing to make more of the one he just converted my Whisper into.

He needs the whisper axleback to do it, and it requires the Rieger quad diffuser, or 1M rear valence, and relocation of the charcoal canister.

Hope this helps anyone else who's up in the air on whether to get in on this or not.
      02-20-2020, 09:53 PM   #16
mopar440_6
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Russiandl any idea if he can build a whisper for the 128?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 04:59 AM   #17
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar440_6 View Post
Russiandl any idea if he can build a whisper for the 128?
I will email and ask today
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:18 AM   #18
Duff Man
Rocket Scientist
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i N55 DCT

is there any real world comparison between the Euro Street and a Berk Race, noise wise?

I'm currently on a Berk Race system and am beginning to lose my mind with all the rattles it's created due to the frequencies it drones at, which is roughly the same RPM/frequency I do most of my driving. I figured I'd be OK with it having driven a straight piped VR6 for years...but the few years I drove the 135 stock have reset my calibration and older age is making it less desirable now that I've been in the race system for a few months. I'm sure my neighbors and their new born would appreciate a quieter cold start at 6am as well.

I've watched/listened to a few videos and I'm intrigued by the Euro street system and it sounds considerably quieter than the Berk race, but I'm also concerned about their "baffle" and how it works...I definitely want to avoid something inside the pipe blocking flow for the sake of drone. It's pretty obvious there isn't a helmholtz resonator on the pipe to help cancel things out at a specific frequency, so I'm wondering if there are any pictures or info on this "proprietary" baffle, especially now that they are out of business. Do you think the builder can show us a picture of it?
      02-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #19
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

I am 100% down.

duder13 - EuroSport Street with black ceramic tips - douglasferling@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #20
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff Man View Post
is there any real world comparison between the Euro Street and a Berk Race, noise wise?

I'm currently on a Berk Race system and am beginning to lose my mind with all the rattles it's created due to the frequencies it drones at, which is roughly the same RPM/frequency I do most of my driving. I figured I'd be OK with it having driven a straight piped VR6 for years...but the few years I drove the 135 stock have reset my calibration and older age is making it less desirable now that I've been in the race system for a few months. I'm sure my neighbors and their new born would appreciate a quieter cold start at 6am as well.

I've watched/listened to a few videos and I'm intrigued by the Euro street system and it sounds considerably quieter than the Berk race, but I'm also concerned about their "baffle" and how it works...I definitely want to avoid something inside the pipe blocking flow for the sake of drone. It's pretty obvious there isn't a helmholtz resonator on the pipe to help cancel things out at a specific frequency, so I'm wondering if there are any pictures or info on this "proprietary" baffle, especially now that they are out of business. Do you think the builder can show us a picture of it?
Let me send him an email and ask
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #21
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
I am 100% down.

duder13 - EuroSport Street with black ceramic tips - douglasferling@gmail.com
p.s. I’ve never done a group buy, so I’m not sure how to proceed.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #22
christofis135i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i White/Red

Shit, its tax season I'm interested. I'd like to know what the discount would be before going through with it. (I know it's hard to say what it would be with only 3 people but I'd be willing to wait a week or two to get more people for a higher discount.)
Appreciate 0