BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-21-2019, 05:00 AM   #1
Joe_435i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Seibon CSL Trunk

I thought I would leave a review of my Seibon CSL style carbon fiber trunk from N5tuner.

Fitment: 9.5/10 Matches body lines and taillights perfectly. The top right corner of the trunk does not sit flush with the passenger side quarter panel, but isn't noticeable.

Quality of carbon weave: 9.5/10 it's almost perfect, but if you pay close attention to detail like myself, and if you look up close, there are some very minor defects.

Installation: 8.5/10 I had this trunk installed at a professional body shop and I'm glad I did. It took them about 1.5 hrs to complete. The actual trunk lock will not fit on this trunk, so the cutout was patched. Some minor shaving for the license plate lights was needed.

Customer Service: 10/10 Jay at N5tuner is awesome. I had a 20 minute conversation on the phone about different mods for my car. He followed up emails and is very approachable, which made me feel comfortable in this purchase.

Functionality: 9/10 The trunk is very light and doesn't close as easy as the OEM trunk. Does require a minor slam to get the trunk all the way shut. Also, it has been raining a lot here in SoCal and no leaks.

Overall, I am very happy with this trunk as it has really added an aggressive touch. Especially, in person. If you are on the fence, I say do it.

You can checkout the trunk here: http://n5tuner.com/index.php?main_pa...2#.XG5_Gy3Mzs0

INSTAGRAM: Joe_135i
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #2
mistawall
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
thank you for this. i may and go purchase one today.