BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-21-2020, 05:59 AM   #1
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Need this piece of cic

hello, i am retrofiting cic bussines in my e87, at first i need the bezel of the radio and this piece of the cic controller that isnt working..

fotos de por
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

This seems to be a common issue that happens by time on older controllers or when not knowing how to disassemble the controller

It`s not possible to buy that parts, you need some good soldering skills to repair it

I`m using copper enamelled wire for repair (from old speaker or small electric engine )
Not looking that nice but at least it does work

Name:  controllerfix.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  305.4 KB

Kri
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #3
pitoncho
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
This seems to be a common issue that happens by time on older controllers or when not knowing how to disassemble the controller

It`s not possible to buy that parts, you need some good soldering skills to repair it

I`m using copper enamelled wire for repair (from old speaker or small electric engine )
Not looking that nice but at least it does work

Attachment 2316908

Kri
thank you soo much, soo you soldering a few kabels on it and make it contact?

another question is, that i want a bezel for the navi cic bussines, in my case the car is pre lci and it only has 2din

I need the bezel cover like this but in this case for 2 din:

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 01:16 PM   #4
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

There is no Navi-bezel for the upper mounting as normally when navigation is installed, the Climate controls do come to the upper slot and navigation to lower.

You either need to switch the Units to be able to use a bezel or make a bezel by yourself.

Also the Function frame (the frame where the oem headunit is screwed into) is a different at as the unit normally is below.

Maybe its easier to change the Parts to facelift ?
They are available more easily (left frame & right frame inkl. new glove compartment).

Kri
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #5
pitoncho
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
There is no Navi-bezel for the upper mounting as normally when navigation is installed, the Climate controls do come to the upper slot and navigation to lower.

You either need to switch the Units to be able to use a bezel or make a bezel by yourself.

Also the Function frame (the frame where the oem headunit is screwed into) is a different at as the unit normally is below.

Maybe its easier to change the Parts to facelift ?
They are available more easily (left frame & right frame inkl. new glove compartment).

Kri
Thank you for your answer, the problem is it is too expensive the globebox at all, i read somewhere that it is possibly to buy in the pre version a part of the globebox where is the radio and navi of the restyled version.

But i want to leave the original glovebox of my car and make this unit up and climate control down with a bezel of a restyled, and i can cut it and make it working i think..
But in that case, do you have the references of the parts you talked me?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0