E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My first date with her (yet another delivery).

08-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #23
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
more....
Attached Images

E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #24
dnh325i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i / Al Wht / Blk Lthr

Love that Terra interior on Jet Black. Good combo - good luck keeping it clean!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #25
dnh325i
Private
United_States
Rep

Thrill 30 - in the picture in the second batch where the rear seats are folded down, what is the material on the sides of the seats? Looks like it's the color of the Terra leather, but the texture is different, looks like suede leather. Is this the case?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #26
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnh325i
Thrill 30 - in the picture in the second batch where the rear seats are folded down, what is the material on the sides of the seats? Looks like it's the color of the Terra leather, but the texture is different, looks like suede leather. Is this the case?
Yes, the material on the sides is also Terra leather coloured.

It has a different texture as you pointed out, and even though it could very well be suede leather, it feels like "normal" leather.

I was fascinated by the difference in texture and checked the the rear seats in detail... in the end I concluded that it's the same leather, just turned inside out for whatever reason....

It's the same difference in texture that you get from some leather shoes... when you check the shoe from outside, it's shiny and smooth, but the inside is suede-like.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 05:30 PM   #27
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Love that Terra interior on Jet Black. Good combo - good luck keeping it clean!!!
Thanks... I've already felt the pain of keeping it clean... but it's worth it. It stays clean for less than 5 minutes, then you start seeing dust building up.

But I had a plan long before I got the car.... As soon as I took delivery, I glazed the car with a product that is claimed to form a layer of glass over paint for 6 months. It certainly looks as though it works because as soon as I see dust, I wipe the whole car effortlessly, and it looks absolutely clean and shiny in less than 3 minutes. Dirt doesn't stick at all...well, at least not at the moment... i will see as time goes on. i certainly hope that this glass layer lasts the claimed 6 months.

Despite the heavy maintenace, I absolutely love Sapphire Black.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 07:08 PM   #28
dnh325i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill30
... I glazed the car with a product that is claimed to form a layer of glass over paint for 6 months.....
Zaino? Klasse AIO? Some other similar product available in SA?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 06:18 AM   #29
kchika
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Evo, E46 M3

Damn, nice pics. I'm loving the color combo, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #30
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Zaino? Klasse AIO? Some other similar product available in SA?
It's definitely NOT Zaino.... because I would remember that name...but by the look on my car, I'm sure it is as good or very close to Zaino...if the car has dust, I just wipe it clean with a cloth...very easy indeed.
I asked for the name of the product and they showed it to me, but I didn't have something to write on.... I will write it down next time I go to that garage.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #31
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchika
Damn, nice pics. I'm loving the color combo, congrats!
Thanks... Terra and Sapphire Black look even better in real life.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #32
Ian
Rep
Drives: Acura TL

I think they turn the leather inside-out on the fold-down seats to prevent squeaking/noise.
In my E36 with fold-down seats, the smooth leather would rub against the smooth leather of the other seats and side bolsters causing various noises. People would take baby powder and dust between the seats to prevent this. Looks like they made it part of the manufacturing process to put a softer surface on the contact areas. I love little details like this.

Beautiful car!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #33
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Is your I-drive and navigation working properly?
Have a look at this thread...maybe you can help with the idrive bluetooth set up? (cause I think, like you...the person just doesn't know how to "set it" and thinks it's broken?)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2915

Ps. Your car looks awesome! I'm not a fan of the terra but it's definately growing on me...love those 162 wheels...not many ppl here(South Africa) have them!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #34
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1
Is your I-drive and navigation working properly?
Have a look at this thread...maybe you can help with the idrive bluetooth set up? (cause I think, like you...the person just doesn't know how to "set it" and thinks it's broken?)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2915

Ps. Your car looks awesome! I'm not a fan of the terra but it's definately growing on me...love those 162 wheels...not many ppl here(South Africa) have them!
Thanks for the kind words.... yes, I agree, very few people have 162 wheels in SA at the moment... but I'm sure that will change as time goes on.

My Navigation and Bluetooth work 100%... I haven't had any issue at all since I set up Bluetooth successfully. You might remember that I initially complained that Bluetooth didn't work... it was my fault... I didn't read the manual....I thought I was smart !!... after reading the freakin' manual, it took me less than a minute to have Bluetooth working.... I will join on the other thread and see if I can be of any assistance.
Appreciate 0