BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #1
White_i35
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55

Looking for tune help - logs provided

Anyone have or know of a shop trustworthy of a tune in the Tri-State area (Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania)?

Logs:
https://datazap.me/u/gmelasecca/bmw-...-33&hg=1-2-3-1

Symptoms:
Car feels choppy and hesitant in just about all gears and all maps on JB4. It seems to ME that the car is dumping/regulating boost via. JB4 because the settings (FF / Wastegate Adaption) seem to continuously jump around but i am no expert and do not understand timing, knock, and all this lingo hence searching for professional help. Obviously my symptoms can be a by product of another issue but even said, with mods below I would expect more target boost but only hitting around 12-13psi on 93. Terry from BMS suggested to add a gallon or two of e85 and see if the target increases on map 5. Plugs don't even have 300 miles on them gapped at .022, tech says coils looked fine also. I do have a rough cold start so I am wondering if i have a misfire but no codes being thrown to suggest one. Car is not a daily driver, pretty much not a driven at all until i get it running efficiently.

2011 N55 135i

Mods:
JB4
VSRF 5" Stepped FMIC
VSRF Catless DP
Custom 3" SS DP back exhaust
Injen Intake
Charge Pipes
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
Topdowntitsout
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 135i vert

Contact my boy Doug Newton on Facebook
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_i35 View Post
Anyone have or know of a shop trustworthy of a tune in the Tri-State area (Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania)?

Logs:

Symptoms:
Car feels choppy and hesitant in just about all gears and all maps on JB4. It seems to ME that the car is dumping/regulating boost via. JB4 because the settings (FF / Wastegate Adaption) seem to continuously jump around but i am no expert and do not understand timing, knock, and all this lingo hence searching for professional help. Obviously my symptoms can be a by product of another issue but even said, with mods below I would expect more target boost but only hitting around 12-13psi on 93. Terry from BMS suggested to add a gallon or two of e85 and see if the target increases on map 5. Plugs don't even have 300 miles on them gapped at .022, tech says coils looked fine also. I do have a rough cold start so I am wondering if i have a misfire but no codes being thrown to suggest one. Car is not a daily driver, pretty much not a driven at all until i get it running efficiently.

2011 N55 135i

Mods:
JB4
VSRF 5" Stepped FMIC
VSRF Catless DP
Injen Intake
Charge Pipes
Get better logs... do a 3rd gear pull from 2500rpm to 6500rpm (pedal to the floor).... Do another in 4th gear if you have the road...

Can't tell much form the logs other than boost is a little low. That may not be true though because you are only giving it 100% pedal at 5000rpm+ which is where the N55 turbo starts falling behind.

Also, you seem to have TONS of timing corrections. Sometimes you have 9.5* timing and others 0* of timing advance.... that is going to result in very poor drive-ability. It's going to feel choppy.

Basically, ditch the jb4 crap and get a real tune. Then again, things SHOULD look better than what your logs do even with a JB4...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_i35 View Post

Logs:

Symptoms:

2011 N55 135i

Mods:
JB4
VSRF 5" Stepped FMIC
VSRF Catless DP
Injen Intake
Charge Pipes
Rough Cold Start?

Could be indicative of Fuel Pump or Injector issue.

Do you recall if your old plugs had any fouling on them?

Previous post is right, need a clean WOT 3rd gear pull.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Ditch it and get a flash tune. Nobody would run a JB4 standalone ever if they realized how much better and more consistent a flash tune is.
Appreciate 0