BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-21-2007, 03:15 AM   #23
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm1class View Post
lease in not one of my options
Why not?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 03:19 AM   #24
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by black135i View Post
Kind of an off topic question, but what are the pros and cons of a 3 year lease compared to traditional finance?(Ive never leased before)
Best to check out a couple of the many sites on the Net that explain it. They've got the explanation polished. But if the car is really going to be remodelled in 3 years, as long as you can get decent terms, leasing is really the way to go unless you plan to modify your car signficantly.

In fact, leasing is almost always the way to go, unless you plan to keep the car for a long time or drive a ton of miles, or plan to modify the car, but that would be argued vigorously by some people who seem hung up on "owning" the car (despite the fact that the bank really owns it anyway until the loan is paid off ).

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #25
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
In fact, leasing is almost always the way to go, unless you plan to keep the car for a long time or drive a ton of miles, or plan to modify the car
I recently sold a 2003 330i Perf Package that I had slightly modified (the usual stuff - intake, pulleys, sways, pads, clear lights, speakers).

I learned the following, the hard way:- I had to remove *everything* from the car to sell it.- I had to sell all aftermarket modifications, at half-price at best.- All in all, I lost 46% of the value of the car after 4 years (tax excluded). 49% if you count from MSRP. Let's not even talk about the modifications...

This amount is very similar to leasing, and similar to leasing I had to remove all mods. Except, at the end of the lease you just turn the car over without the headache of having to resell it.So with the 335i, I'm leasing for 2 years. If the experience is satisfactory, I may end up leasing the next car too (presumably a 135).

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0