BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #1123
PrimoM3
Chemofski
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5M

My patience has been exhausted on this...

'13 Space Gray/Mugello Red X5///M
Pavement Punisher | Snow Muncher | Family and Board Hauler | Roadtripper
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #1124
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Hey guys I received an email from iCarbon. Here it is:

Just wanted to let you know that your whole order is about to be filled and ready to ship. We wanted to give you an update before the weekend!

You should be receiving tracking information from us the first couple of days of next week, so please stay tuned. Thank you!
Those of you who have received emails from iCarbon this last week, is there any more news?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #1125
twenzel
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 Audi S3

this is what I received on the 27th.

Quote:
Tony,

Hope all is well man! We were out of town, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Playing catch-up is no fun!

Your diffuser is out of production and at finishing. It’ll be ready to go in a couple of days once it gets QC’d, cleaned and boxed. We had to wait for a few other dry pieces to finish production before sending them all off to cleared together. I should have a tracking number for you in a couple of days.

Your lip should be getting finished at the same time as well, but I’ll call production and ask to make sure for you.

I wanted to also take the time to personally thank you for your patience and understanding. You’ve been extremely patient during this ordeal, and none of this would have been possible without great customers like yourself. We value your business more than anything, so truly, thank you.

We’ve put measures in place so that we never have a wait time like this happen again, and we’ll be stocking up on inventory for future product releases.

Thanks once again Tony, we’ll be in contact shortly!

- Andy
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #1126
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

I just decieded to forget about it that way one day in the future I will just have a surprise show up at my door.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #1127
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
I just decieded to forget about it that way one day in the future I will just have a surprise show up at my door.
      02-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #1128
2010AW135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

some of us are gonna sell our cars before the lips get shipped. LOL
      02-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #1129
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenzel View Post
this is what I received on the 27th.
See....just a simple e-mail, PM, update on the thread like that, and they wouldn't have so many impatient customers...I mean come on!?

Do they just lack basic customer service skills or what?

Instead we get updates that another update is coming. So much for a "Dedicated" forum spokesperson.
      02-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #1130
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
or they could have just copy and pasted that email to this thread unless they are producing the parts on a one to one basis which i hope is not the case....
      02-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #1131
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Just another update from me. I received this email from iCarbon last week 30 January 2010.

Just wanted to let you know that your whole order is about to be filled and ready to ship. We wanted to give you an update before the weekend!

You should be receiving tracking information from us the first couple of days of next week, so please stay tuned. Thank you!

It's Thursday over here, no tracking number, no update and no parts. I ordered the regular finish CF parts and I haven't received anything. I don't know why it's taking so long.

iCarbon can you give us a realistic time-frame? What is really going on with the lips?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #1132
HACKULO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post

cheap fast cars arent reliable
reliable cheap cars arent fast
and fast reliable cars ARENT CHEAP
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 01:48 AM   #1133
bmwsam
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Does anyone have pictures of the rear spoiler installed? I know with some other companies there have been issues with the ends lifting up.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 01:55 AM   #1134
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

I heard yesterday that Lips to be shipped "by the weekend".......fingers crossed for my shipping email before monday then.................but then, I should consider they didn't state "which" weekend !
      02-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #1135
penny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i (sold)

Yet again, the promise in last week email has been unfulfilled.
      02-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #1136
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
I heard yesterday that Lips to be shipped "by the weekend".......fingers crossed for my shipping email before monday then.................but then, I should consider they didn't state "which" weekend !
Why are they only contacting a few of us?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #1137
penny
Captain
United_States
Rep

I really didn't want to quote you guys... but damn. I just want my diffuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@iCARBON View Post
Yes sir, to date we are still on track for end of November. As always i'll keep you guys updated.
Quote:
LOL they should be in OUR "hot little hands" by then. Hopefully we can get ALL of them out to you guys before beginning of December. We're pushing for that!
Quote:
Yes sir, everything at once. Its going to be Christmas 4 weeks early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
So production is almost completed, we have all the mirror caps done and will be QC’ing those late this week. Everything else is coming along nicely and almost done. *Should* be done and ready to be QC’d next week.

So that’s it, we’re nearing completion and the mirror cap production is 100% done.
Quote:
As Mario stated, the rest of the pieces will be in by next week.
Quote:
At this time, i still cannot give you a set day of the week, but i'm hoping by the end of next week. (please please please)
Quote:
Any mirror-cap only orders should be receiving their tracking numbers sometime today. ALL diffusers and trunk spoilers are scheduled to exit production tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Then we just need a couple of days to QC them and get them out. Lips will be done next week.

Since we’re already behind schedule, instead of waiting for the lips and consolidating diffusers and lips into one shipment, we’re going to ship the diffusers, mirror caps, and spoilers as soon as the diffusers and spoilers are out of QC in a few days, and the lips will ship by themselves sometime next week.

Thanks once again for sticking through, and please remember that we'll have a full inventory ready to ship within 24 hrs from any of our authorized retailers for any new orders being placed
Quote:
The diffusers, mirror caps and spoilers are done and out of production. Front lips are almost complete and should be shipping next week.

We have a confirmed ship date of either Thursday or Monday for diffusers and spoilers and with front lips following shortly after.
Quote:
Make sure to check your inbox tomorrow for tracking information.
Quote:
Hello guys, hope everyone had a great holiday season! I've been off since late the 24th of Dec. till today. Not to clutter the thread and complicate things I will be working diligently tonight to update everyone on a per order basis and update you as to the status of your order. I apologize for the delay in updates but Mario and Andrew were the only ones here working endless nights to hurry things along. If you order has shipped, you will receive tracking numbers along with that update, or be informed as to WHEN your order WILL ship. Mario and Andrew will be giving a formal iCARBON DESIGN update later tonight. Bare with us guys, i know its tough but we've been working diligently to get these puppies out!
Quote:
So a bunch of orders have already shipped, and we have gone as far as personally emailing everyone who participated in our initial Group Buy with an order status based on their individual case.

We are a realistic 1.5-2 weeks away from having all of the pieces that had QC issues re-made, and we plan on going full speed ahead until we have this taken care of.

We're almost done with everything guys, and we ask that all of you getting parts this week post up pictures just to help ease the pain a little bit
Quote:
Hope everyone has had a great start to the new year.

Anyway, so a ton of lips are out of production and at clear coating as we speak. We also have a bunch more diffusers getting ready to go out for some people who haven’t received them, and for some new orders as well.

We’ll be updating you guys via email on a per-order basis early next week, so please check your inboxes and make sure you let us know if you haven’t received an order update by Monday or Tuesday.

We’re glad to see this finally coming to an end for everyone, and we’ve learned A LOT.
Quote:
Working on individual order updates for everyone. Check your inboxes a little later today.

A TON of stuff coming out of final assembly and into QC today/tomorrow, so please stay tuned.
      02-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #1138
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

What did you accomplish with that, if you dont want to wait, ask for your money back man... If you want a carbon diffuser, I have a 3D Design one sitting here you can have now.
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #1139
Qbone
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
What did you accomplish with that, if you dont want to wait, ask for your money back man... If you want a carbon diffuser, I have a 3D Design one sitting here you can have now.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #1140
penny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, ship me the 3D Design diffuser now. I'll send you my money..... how about August?

I'm not complaining about the time it's taking... I'm complaining about empty promising. Sure they make great products but keeping your word is just as important.
      02-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #1141
vividracing
United_States
Rep

I have nothing to do with this GB, but just get your money back if your so sore... I was trying to help you out. Like I said I have a 3D Design Carbon Diffuser sitting here brand new. If you want the iCarbon, I will pull it off my car and put the 3D on mine. I dont care. Forums are designed to help people, not have people bash others. It would be a different story if you asked for your money back and was told tough shit... But I dont think that happened. Chill...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #1142
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
I have nothing to do with this GB, but just get your money back if your so sore... I was trying to help you out. Like I said I have a 3D Design Carbon Diffuser sitting here brand new. If you want the iCarbon, I will pull it off my car and put the 3D on mine. I dont care. Forums are designed to help people, not have people bash others. It would be a different story if you asked for your money back and was told tough shit... But I dont think that happened. Chill...
We have waited 6 months for parts that have never showed up. If your idea of a fair solution to this situation is to request our money back than that's practicing poor business and customer relations in my opinion. If you read through updates iCarbon have clearly set dates and made promises which they have not met. They make quality products but their credibility has been lost.

Do you really think that asking for our money back evens up the score here? I don't think that's reasonable and I think that's a poor business approach as a vendor on here. I'm sure there are a few people reading this, and a few people have taken the time to read through a few pages of this thread to understand what's really going on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #1143
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Human to Human (remember I am not a vendor robot) - If your not happy, get your money back.

And I was trying to do something nice outside of the box and give up the one on my personal car. Not cause I have to or need to, cause I thought someone would appreciate it. Oh well.

Unsubscribed...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #1144
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
We all know that forums is a place for information. Sometimes its positive and sometimes they are negative. Clearly, there are a lot of upset members here who have waited patiently for a product that was promised and never delivered. But I agree with your last statement...

EVERYONE SHOULD JUST ASK FOR THEIR MONEY BACK. I DO MEAN EVERYONE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

THEY SHOULD ALSO SEND BACK THEIR DIFFUSERS AND MIRROR CAPS AND ASK FOR THEIR MONEY BACK THERE TOO...
Appreciate 0