08-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #23
Splinterz88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.86]
@IEDEI What session were you there? I was Sat. @ 820AM. Didn't drive the 1M though to the event. I have done many track days with 1M and the Porsche Road Show is a very watered down version of it where you can only experience a nibble of what theses cars can do. Take you M out for some track days and get to enjoy it's capabilities even more.

My track buddies who are former E90 M3 owners and are now 981 Cayman S have let me drive their cars on track one 6 spd the other PDK. I can say that is a better car for the track in my opnion than 1M. The car is so settled in the turns. My only complaint is a lack of torque when compared to 1M. When I can afford the 981 Cayman S, the 1M will go back to stock and 981 will be the dedicated track car. Congrats to those with both the 1M and 981s.
@Romo I look forward to the day when I open up the garage and can see the 1M, Saphire blue Cayman and the R nine T lined up.
#446 of 740
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #24
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterz88 View Post
@IEDEI What session were you there? I was Sat. @ 820AM. Didn't drive the 1M though to the event. I have done many track days with 1M and the Porsche Road Show is a very watered down version of it where you can only experience a nibble of what theses cars can do. Take you M out for some track days and get to enjoy it's capabilities even more.

My track buddies who are former E90 M3 owners and are now 981 Cayman S have let me drive their cars on track one 6 spd the other PDK. I can say that is a better car for the track in my opnion than 1M. The car is so settled in the turns. My only complaint is a lack of torque when compared to 1M. When I can afford the 981 Cayman S, the 1M will go back to stock and 981 will be the dedicated track car. Congrats to those with both the 1M and 981s.
@Romo I look forward to the day when I open up the garage and can see the 1M, Saphire blue Cayman and the R nine T lined up.
Putting your 1M back to stock is just a waste of time! Leave it as is regardless if you get a Porsche or not lol
Appreciate 0