BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2015, 05:56 AM   #1
caljoe89
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i convertible M sport

Tire Rack above and beyond

I had the unfortunate situation where I ordered the wrong parts for my 135i convertible based on the selection criteria on the Tire Rack website. I got them installed and the mechanics realized immediately something was wrong. After some research and calling Bilstein, we confirmed they were the wrong parts. I contacted Tire Rack, and Liz was awesome in her helpfulness. Although their policy is not to take returns on installed parts, she was able to get me a full refund. Also, she was able to work with her supervisor to reimburse me for the FULL cost of labor for the re-install since they admitted it was their website that was in error.

What impressed me the most was that when I called back to follow up on when the reimbursement would be credited to my CC, I wasn't able to get Liz so I talked to another service agent, and everything had been documented on their computer system. Sure enough, I got the credit shortly thereafter.

Needless to say, I was very impressed by Tire Rack's integrity and willingness to admit their mistake and back it up with real cash. They lost approx. $600 on this transaction, plus the hit on the original parts that they no longer can sell as new.

I haven't come across too many businesses with this type of customer focus and honesty. I highly recommend them, and I'll certainly be going to them again for my 135i part needs.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #2
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/20 x5m/23 m3

Wow that is some impressive customer service!
Appreciate 0