BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
b.njamin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6mt

Euro LCI Headlights

I need em. How do i get em.

Thx
      03-31-2020, 04:41 AM   #2
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Order them from Europe?
Appreciate 3
      04-10-2020, 03:56 PM   #3
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by benches1er View Post

Thx
I can forward you the part numbers if this helps you
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
stefanvalletti
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 120i (170HP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Quote:

Thx
Yes please!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanvalletti View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thx
Yes please!
You're from the UK no? Your steering wheel is on the right then?

I'll look those up for you but if you're coming from halogen you're also gonna need

Part 63217217509 2x

you need two of these DS1 Xenon bulbs one per side.. or your favorite brand of DS1 bulb some popular choices being Osrams or Philips.

Part 63117180050 2x

one per side these are your HID ballast control units, they're about 500 USD a pop so I got Valeos for these for a fraction of the price.

Part 61356827065

This is an FRM3 MAX which you need if you're coming from halogen spec as the light modules between the different lighting options are different. People rebuild these but please do yourself the favor and get a brand new one. It'll marry to your VIN once coded with the appropriate options and you'll avoid any gremlins if they arise.

I came from US spec, steering wheel on the left so my headlight assembly part no were 63117273831/63137273832

UK spec would be 63117273833/63117273834

The headlight part numbers are for Euro Bi-Xenon Non AHL like in the picture attached.

Hope I was able to help!
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 12:48 PM   #6
stefanvalletti
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thx
Yes please!

I'll look those up for you but if you're coming from halogen you're also gonna need

Part 63217217509 2x

you need two of these DS1 Xenon bulbs one per side.. or your favorite brand of DS1 bulb some popular choices being Osrams or Philips.

Part 63117180050 2x

one per side these are your HID ballast control units, they're about 500 USD a pop so I got Valeos for these for a fraction of the price.

Part 61356827065

This is an FRM3 MAX which you need if you're coming from halogen spec as the light modules between the different lighting options are different. People rebuild these but please do yourself the favor and get a brand new one. It'll marry to your VIN once coded with the appropriate options and you'll avoid and gremlins if they arise.

I came from US spec, steering wheel on the left so my headlight assembly part no were 63117273831/63137273832

The headlight part numbers are for Euro Bi-Xenon Non AHL like in the picture attached.

Hope I was able to help!
This helps a lot, thank you so much. It seems a little heavy on the pocket but it is a conversion from Halogen to HID
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #7
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This helps a lot, thank you so much. It seems a little heavy on the pocket but it is a conversion from Halogen to HID
This is your end result if you decide to do the job. I didnt do this on my own, I had a reputable local shop do this job and it came out very clean (looks and works like OEM). Be warned, many shops at least here didn't wanna take on this job due to the complexity and possible lack of interest.

I did this because I didn't want halogen lights and overlooked this initially when I bought my car.. dearly missed the xenons on my E60 and needed this done somehow.. many people usually find a way to open the headlights and retrofit some projectors, shrouds, and angel eye rings and this is the cheaper option but I didn't want to go this route.

The headlights you can get from Valeo instead of OEM BMW as they are the OE manufacturer for these lights.. I paid 600 for both (patience and searching will yield you great results also if you want the site where I bought my assemblies I can PM you) this is better than about 1k OEM new (for each side!!!!!!), 500 for the FRM3 (no discount there), 80 for both ballasts (Valeo instead of OEM BMW at 500 a pop) and about 120-200 depending on which DS1 bulbs you get and labor depending on whether you're a DIYer or not

If you did this all OEM original parts you'd spend close to 4k, I did it all with labour included for about 2 and I ended up selling my headlights to get some of this money back spent on this job so it was less than this for me!

Good luck!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #8
stefanvalletti
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This is your end result if you decide to do the job. I didnt do this on my own, I had a reputable local shop do this job and it came out very clean (looks and works like OEM). Be warned, many shops at least here didn't wanna take on this job due to the complexity and possible lack of interest.

I did this because I didn't want halogen lights and overlooked this initially when I bought my car.. dearly missed the xenons on my E60 and needed this done somehow.. many people usually find a way to open the headlights and retrofit some projectors, shrouds, and angel eye rings and this is the cheaper option but u didn't want to go this route.

The headlights you can get from Valeo instead of OEM BMW as they are the OE manufacturer for these lights.. I paid 600 for both (patience and searching will yield you great results also if you want the site where I bought my assemblies I can PM you) this is better than about 1k OEM new (for each side!!!!!!), 500 for the FRM3 (no discount there), 80 for both ballasts (Valeo instead of OEM BMW at 500 a pop) and about 120-200 depending on which DS1 bulbs you get and labor depending on whether you're a DIYer or not

If you did this all OEM original parts you'd spend close to 4k, I did it all with labour included for about 2 and I ended up selling my headlights to get some of this money back spent on this job so it was less than this for me!

Good luck!
Absolutely agree with you. Finish looks amazing. Are yours adaptive?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #9
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely agree with you. Finish looks amazing. Are yours adaptive?
Thank you! Do appreciate that!

They're non adaptive headlights, old school.. the inner eye holds the H8 bulb that powers the AEs

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 07:14 AM   #10
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:

Part 63217217509 2x

Part 63117180050 2x

Part 61356827065

This is an FRM3 MAX which you need if you're coming from halogen spec as the light modules between the different lighting options are different. People rebuild these but please do yourself the favor and get a brand new one. It'll marry to your VIN once coded with the appropriate options and you'll avoid any gremlins if they arise.

Hope I was able to help!
PMed you a few days ago about this swap.

Scratch that, I just found the PNs further in your post. Would still love a response from my PM if possible!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 05:51 PM   #11
sims_drk
Morocco
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

Quote:

Part 63217217509 2x

Part 63117180050 2x

Part 61356827065

Hope I was able to help!
:19 PM Today
Hello I have a 2008 pre lci 135i bi xenon headlight " without eyebrows " and want to upgrade to the lci bi xenon headlight " with eyebrow " found the headlighrs on ebay but not the same part numbers . Any help please . The seller says i need to replace the car unit control and do coding . What do you think ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 05:54 PM   #12
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims_drk View Post
:19 PM Today
Hello I have a 2008 pre lci 135i bi xenon headlight " without eyebrows " and want to upgrade to the lci bi xenon headlight " with eyebrow " found the headlighrs on ebay but not the same part numbers . Any help please . The seller says i need to replace the car unit control and do coding . What do you think ? Thanks
Hm what part numbers did you get?

From halogen you have to get custom harness and an FRM3/MAX at best.. this is how it was done for me

Appreciate 0