BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Zorba
Enlisted Member
Portugal
Rep
Drives: E82 123d - The Black Thunder

Eibach Springs Better than M Sports

Hi,

I have one E82 123d along with M Sports Kit and I am thinking on getting my suspension lower, and after researching for a while I thought on getting an Eibach Pro Kit, but my doubt is if only the springs together with the M Sport dampers would really work or if the Eibach Springs are better than the M Sports? I´ve heard that the Ebaich Pro Kit is worthless, a waste of money, do you guys think that it only work along with non M dampers? I want to get the car lower and the driving more stiffer as well!

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I think you are better off with an aftermarket spring set like the H&R Sports or Eibach Pro Kit. They tend to offer better performance and a lowered ride height than the factory sport suspension. These spring kits are designed to work with the factory shocks although you will need to replace the factory shocks down the line as the harsher springs will wear them out quicker than the factory springs. Another option is the H&R Cup Kit which is a complete spring and shock replacement that would save you the hassle of changing out the shocks later by doing it all at once.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
HighQ
Quality is everything
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: you mad

Lowering springs will work better with the M Sport dampers because they are designed to ride lower on BMW Sport Springs. The effect of increased wear on the dampers will be smaller with M Sport dampers compared to standard because of this.
Appreciate 0