BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #23
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

"MADE BY BREMBO" Is a sales pitch and nominal upgrade for "enthusiast" who like to drive their cars by the dealerships... Yes, they are made by brembo, but you are NOT getting Brembos 5k dollar BBK on the car from the dealership stock included with other parts for the 1-2k they add on the sticker. Is it better than the "regular" brakes? yup... same quality? hell no! At least not on the track turn after turn for people who track their cars hard. So yes, it IS worth the upgrade to "real" brembos if you intend on actually tracking the car hard. I have the factory 6 pistons with the BMW performance drilled and slotted rotors and honestly dont feel much bite or performance in over regualr brakes except the increased brake dust... (I just had them all replaced under the maint plan at 46k miles on the car too... dealership said new rotos (front only) all new pads, sensors, and labor would have been 2100... Ill be upgrading to "real" brembos outside of warranty)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #24
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin55 View Post
I think I have some rotor warp from maybe hitting a puddle while the rotors were hot or something. I am getting a small vibration in the pedal on braking...
Google for a pad bed-in process that would be used for new pads / rotors, and do it. There's a good chance it's uneven deposits from the pads on the rotors.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
peeti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin55 View Post
I think I have some rotor warp from maybe hitting a puddle while the rotors were hot or something. I am getting a small vibration in the pedal on braking...
I had this problem about six times in owning an E36 M3 way back in the day. Nothing would cure it. Going with performance rotors isn't going to necessarily help you much either. The key is the rotor has to be faster cooling so as to shed the excess heat before water warps it.

In addition to water warping rotors, by having hot disks and standing on the break at a stoplight, you are applying added heat to a single spot on the rotor. This is more likely the cause for warpage.

Only thing I found for E36 was cryo-treated OEM rotors. That hardened the metal enough to stop the disposable rotors.

Knock on wood, nothing yet on the 1 - but time will tell. That being said, what are the fastest cooling rotors that will fit on a 135? Ideally with a separate hat to keep heat out of the hub (had to replace one of those too on the e36).

P
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 03:06 AM   #26
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Hello,

Sorry for the bump !

If i read correctly the thread, i can install m performance rotors (front and rear) on standard calipers (grey) on my n54 135i ?

Anyone can help me to confirm that this package :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BREMBO-BREM...2/164023780686

will fit on my car ? It's for "m performance" brakes, but since they are the same calipers (except color and branding), i believe it should fit.

Any answer appreciated
      08-26-2020, 06:17 PM   #27
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio54 View Post
Hello,

Sorry for the bump !

If i read correctly the thread, i can install m performance rotors (front and rear) on standard calipers (grey) on my n54 135i ?

Anyone can help me to confirm that this package :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BREMBO-BREM...2/164023780686

will fit on my car ? It's for "m performance" brakes, but since they are the same calipers (except color and branding), i believe it should fit.

Any answer appreciated
All the 135s have the same rotor dimensions so if it is made for the 135 then it fits.

I would be wary of packages with unknown brand/compound pads. I'm assuming those are rotors made by Brembo, but maybe not. eBay is a crap shoot.
      08-27-2020, 03:17 AM   #28
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
All the 135s have the same rotor dimensions so if it is made for the 135 then it fits.

I would be wary of packages with unknown brand/compound pads. I'm assuming those are rotors made by Brembo, but maybe not. eBay is a crap shoot.
Okay thanks, i just wanted to be sure

Concerning the package itself, it has all serial numbers listed in the description, which are from Brembo (pads and rotors) and TRW (wear sensors) :

09.C420.13
P 06 041
09.C315.21
P 06 059
GIC337
GIC207

Those are certainly just numbers, but concerning eBay, I always check vendor statistics and feedbacks, this particular vendor for the package has 99.9% positive reviews for more than 2000 sales, so i guess it's ok to think that this seller sells legit parts (for me at least).

I don't know why people are not happy with eBay when it's actually more transparent (feedbacks/reviews/number of sales) than most regular online shops.