BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2021, 07:29 AM   #67
TrackEnthusiast
Private
Rep
Drives: 125i 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
This is awesome. I'm not sure I would ever be this motivated!
Glad you like it mate! About the motivation, is like the saying "joining business with pleasure", because I had to learn to code anyway, so why not learning doing something you like?

Changing subject, I see you have a M2C. Thats a dream man, congrats for your choice! You know, some time ago there was a guy from France that found me from my youtube videos and asked me to process data from his files. When I opened it, I saw he was driving a M2C in SPA. I confess I felt a little envy... Later on, he posted the video with the overlayed data and I saw he was taking the Eau Rouge at nearly 180 km/h with his withe in the passanger seat!!! Very cool! Below is the video he posted with the data. Note: At this time, I still didn't have the gear calculator in place for manual gear boxes.

Appreciate 1
CarJunkie2616.50
      12-02-2021, 07:59 AM   #68
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackEnthusiast View Post
Hi there pal, thanks for the interest. I do have a gist, but for now I would like to keep this code for myself. Good news is, for those who want to use it (process GoPro videos and/or Mlaptimer files), I've acctually put a whole web app together, hosted in heroku. In this page you can process your files from the web browser and download the output. There are also links to download Dashware, the templates I've made for F cars and M cars and tutorials as well. Yet it is already fully functional, there are still some things to do, so I'm not broadcasting the web address yet. However, if you want to give it a try, send me pm and I'll reply for you with the address.
Sounds neat. Best of luck with your project
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #69
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
This is awesome. I'm not sure I would ever be this motivated!
Glad you like it mate! About the motivation, is like the saying "joining business with pleasure", because I had to learn to code anyway, so why not learning doing something you like?

Changing subject, I see you have a M2C. Thats a dream man, congrats for your choice! You know, some time ago there was a guy from France that found me from my youtube videos and asked me to process data from his files. When I opened it, I saw he was driving a M2C in SPA. I confess I felt a little envy... Later on, he posted the video with the overlayed data and I saw he was taking the Eau Rouge at nearly 180 km/h with his withe in the passanger seat!!! Very cool! Below is the video he posted with the data. Note: At this time, I still didn't have the gear calculator in place for manual gear boxes.

Haven't had the CS on the track yet, will probably be a while. The 1M is right at home there with current level of mods.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 05:10 PM   #70
TrackEnthusiast
Private
Rep

New setup: 2 GoPros and picture in picture video

So, another track day done. Lots of fun with other BMW enthusiasts. Also, I tried a new setup for my telemetry rig: Used the GoPro 5 right under the windshield, for better track view and also better GPS signal. And used a GoPro 4 under the sunroof, just to get the driver perspective. Below the result, hope your guys like and, if anyone wants to use a similar rigup, just let me know and I'll explain better how to.

Appreciate 2
      06-03-2022, 03:04 PM   #71
WhiteDragon
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Comp

Hi,
Would someone be kind enough to share how to convert the MLaptimer .FAR files into CSV for overlay?

Also, I stupidly used the older MLaptimer app, which won't convert on easy-telemetry site.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 03:12 PM   #72
TrackEnthusiast
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Hi,
Would someone be kind enough to share how to convert the MLaptimer .FAR files into CSV for overlay?

Also, I stupidly used the older MLaptimer app, which won't convert on easy-telemetry site.

Thanks in advance
Hi mate,

Send me your files from the old app by email to easytelem at gmail dot com and Ill manually convert them for you. Only thing is, since it is a 1Hz acquisition rate, gauges will look very lazy... This is why I allways recommend to use the new app, which is 10 Hz.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 10:35 AM   #73
WhiteDragon
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Hi mate,

Send me your files from the old app by email to easytelem at gmail dot com and Ill manually convert them for you. Only thing is, since it is a 1Hz acquisition rate, gauges will look very lazy... This is why I allways recommend to use the new app, which is 10 Hz.
Have emailed them over - Wont be making that mistake again!

Thanks
Appreciate 1