BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

Two questions: clutch and storage?

As the year is coming to an end, I finally put the BMW away for the winter. We're supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow and I want this thing to stay rust-free.

Anyways, this is my first time storing a vehicle like this for an extended period of time. I won't be driving it for another 5 months or so. What kind of preparations should I do?

I'm FBO with an E85 tune from Wedge. It has about a half tank full of straight E85.

Next question... my clutch is slipping pretty bad. I knew this would happen seeing as I'm at 92k miles with lots of power.

I've heard that people had good luck with this 550i kit from ECSTuning:
http://www.ecstuning.com/News/BMW_Bi...012_2013_2014/

Anyone on here using it? How much power does it hold? I'd guess I'll be somewhere around 425whp and 475wtq next summer. What are people doing for a flywheel with that kit? Do I need to order or change anything else while I'm in there? I plan on doing this while it's sitting over the winter.

🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com

Last edited by suspenceful; 11-09-2014 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Clutch kit is in my livingroom. It's going on next week so I can let you know in a month's time or so? The concensus is (and this is mechanic concensus not forum concensus) that if you've been driving on the flywheeel with a slipping clutch for any length of time, you should replace the flywheel too. I told my guys at OMG Motorsports to let me know what the flywheeel looks like when they get the clutch out and if it has hot spots we'll replace it. But my car has 50k and I am barely FBO, so I am not anticipating a disaster. If you do need to a get a new FW, you'll need the bolts too. If you do decided to go the ECS route, they sell everything, and they have really great customer service, so see if they will give you a package deal so you at least save on shipping.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0