BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #45
DSSG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M Sport

Talking Yeah boy!

Typical Mustang Owner:

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #46
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

IMO, it's the difference between buying new and used. There is also a huge difference in the size of the BMW and Mustang. CPO has a warranty, but for long term ownership I would go with a new vehicle. Interest rates are lower on new cars so the OP should look at ordering a 228i with few options and see how the payments come out plus factor in a couple of bucks per month for fuel and BMW's prepaid maintenance.
      11-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #47
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSG View Post
Typical Mustang Owner:

Where? Is he beind that typical Camaro owner?

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #48
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by john08135i View Post
Yes that is my ladies logic also..

UPDATE: i drove the 13 128 vert with 26k miles. But it was much smaller in the back than i remember and it rattled a lot over jolts and bumps especially with the top up.
i Drove an ecoboost 4 mustang and i was not impressed. The power wasnt that much better than the V6 for the $5k difference i will get the V6.
It looks like i will order the mustang for now. I don't care about sync as i will be putting in another pioneer with CarpPLay like i have in my truck now. Thanks everyone for you input.

ANd you are right the V8 is the way to go.
A tune will change that. They already have them running 11's in the quarter. Not that you will be racing but something to think about.
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...ost-Tuner.html
      11-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
BLU135i
Senior Chief Petty Officer USN
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSG
Perfect un-intelligent response from a stuck up, pinkie in the air, poser who feels the need to label their car as a "M edition". It's wheels, a fatter steering wheel, and lots of obnoxious "M" stickers all over it pal. It ain't anything special. I can't stand you stuck up pricks who think your the shit because your car has a roundel on it. While we are at it. "A man", which you are not jackass, knows that what another man drives is a personal choice, and sometimes an economic necessity and as such doesn't bash other people for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #50
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU135i View Post
Perfect un-intelligent response from a stuck up, pinkie in the air, poser who feels the need to label their car as a "M edition". It's wheels, a fatter steering wheel, and lots of obnoxious "M" stickers all over it pal. It ain't anything special. I can't stand you stuck up pricks who think your the shit because your car has a roundel on it. While we are at it. "A man", which you are not jackass, knows that what another man drives is a personal choice, and sometimes an economic necessity and as such doesn't bash other people for it.
C'mon man, don't hold back. Tell him how you really feel.
      11-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #51
Black Flagged
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #52
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

My first car was a 1966 mustang with a 200 cubic inch 6 and a three speed manual transmission. Used. It was what I could afford. I couldn't have afforded it except the lady that owned it first put deep dents down both sides pulling into her driveway. I fixed those and got it painted. I drove it through high school and college. It was slow but I had a lot of fun in it.

I would say the mustang is the economic choice except that you seem to trade vehicles fairly quickly. It might depreciate quicker than the slightly used BMW. Repairs should be less on the mustang (parts are cheaper).
      11-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #53
DSSG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M Sport

Talking Really?

Quote:
No it's an M Sport Sport. Also it doesn't have M stickers all over it. The Two has that honor. You'd know this if you weren't hillbilly Camaro or Mustang owner.

I always look down on you worthless creeps who think you're men mainly due to your ability to mouth a few 4-letter words.

A real man wouldn't come to a BMW forum and discuss some hideous American crap. This forum is for great men such as myself who are owners of fine and very prestigious German cars BTW, I also drive a Mercedes.

Anyway, your job pounding nails or pouring concrete will never earn you enough money to drive anything worthwhile.

Har har har!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #54
BLU135i
No_Country
Rep

Wow you're a humble one aren't you. Let's see. Off the top of my head...m sticker on the steering wheel, one on each door sill, one on each wheel, how many is that.....can you count that high? By the way thank you for proving my point about looking down on everyone who works hard for a living. For the record I don't pound nails or pour concrete for a living, not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm sure there are plenty of members here on this forum that support their family with similar, hardworking and honest jobs. I have however, proudly served my country for over 21 years in military service, and have had my hands bloody and dirtied by the topsoil that the tree of freedom you live under grows from. Yes I have owned a Mustang. Also an Audi S4, a couple of VW', a 330xi, and the 135 and X3 I currently own. While I prefer my BMW over the many cars I have owned, I am not asshole enough to think that I am better than anyone else because I have been lucky enough to have owned one in the first place. But you have every right to be the asshole you are in this country, and for that your welcome.
Have a great day, and enjoy the seven letter word.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #55
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Wow you're a humble one aren't you. Let's see. Off the top of my head...m sticker on the steering wheel, one on each door sill, one on each wheel, how many is that.....can you count that high? By the way thank you for proving my point about looking down on everyone who works hard for a living. For the record I don't pound nails or pour concrete for a living, not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm sure there are plenty of members here on this forum that support their family with similar, hardworking and honest jobs. I have however, proudly served my country for over 21 years in military service, and have had my hands bloody and dirtied by the topsoil that the tree of freedom you live under grows from. Yes I have owned a Mustang. Also an Audi S4, a couple of VW', a 330xi, and the 135 and X3 I currently own. While I prefer my BMW over the many cars I have owned, I am not asshole enough to think that I am better than anyone else because I have been lucky enough to have owned one in the first place. But you have every right to be the asshole you are in this country, and for that your welcome.
Now he's just trolling the crap out of you to get your panties in a wad...he's succeeding, too.

This thread is just epic fail altogether.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #56
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I would also try driving both verts with the top down. Use the windscreen in the 128i, if possible, and the same in the mustang if they offer it. I suggested my wife get hers thrown into the deal when she bought it. I had to pay about $300 for mine. It makes a big difference in the wind, however, and allows more top down use. It also lets ladies drive with the top down without putting their hair up - a possible consideration. The windscreen makes a bigger difference in turbulence in the cabin than does rolling the winds up in the 128i. So if you can't try the windscreen you could put the windows up and simulate the effect. And you can do both - once you have the windscreen. When it is cool driving with the top down is very practical in the 128i due to the windscreen and the top down HVAC mode that blows warm air out the vents.

I don't know how the mustang works or how much your wife will really drive with the top down but if she will use it, understanding how they compare could be significant.

Your wife is also quite different than mine. She won't even let me drive her 2013 e88 automatic and my car is a 2009 e88 manual (with sport). She needed gas last night and wouldn't let me take it and fill it. NO WAY she would let me pick a car out for her. She'll let me fix it, of course, but not drive it. (I have on rare occasions but it is rare, I'd rather drive mine anyway.)
      11-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #57
BLU135i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449
Quote:
Now he's just trolling the crap out of you to get your panties in a wad...he's succeeding, too.

This thread is just epic fail altogether.
Yeah your right. I just have issues of someone equating level of manhood to wallet size, it's cheap and illustrates a of lacking of true character. OP sorry for the slugfest. I think either car would be good. Slightly more room in the Mustang, but I'm sure BMW drives better. Although I've never driven the new IRS mustangs. I do like the new interiors on the mustangs. Push button start and the big toggle switches are oblivious carry overs from the Ford GT. Bottom line what makes the wife happy is what is important.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #58
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

A happy wife is a happy household, unless your wife finds out about your girlfriend (who probably drives a Mustang convertible).

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #59
tremere613
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i M package convertible

As a former mustang owner...turned 135i convertible owner.
one simple solution for you: TEST DRIVE!!

Do not compare numbers and figures..a mustang will not drive like a bmw...BUT a bmw will not drive like a mustang!!!
two completely different cars

can you tell us what issues you had with your "tuned" bmw? what tune did you regret doing?
Appreciate 0