BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Blue Water

BMW of Asheville

Had a yellow check engine light come on while traveling out of town in the NC mountains a couple weeks ago. Called BMW of Asheville about the issue and described the car"s symptoms which where air hissing type noises when the throttle was depressed and when you would let off the throttle but no apparent loss of power. The SA's response was to check the gas cap. I told him I was sure the gas cap was fastened correctly. I asked about bringing it in that AM which was a Saturday but he indicated they were all booked up and wouldn't be able to get to it. Not much help or the answer I was looking for. I would have expected them to at least be able to open the hood to see if all the hoses were connected properly or to offer some advice to me in checking them. In fact one of the blow off valve hoses had become disconnected.