BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-19-2021, 04:21 PM   #1
burger
Rep
Drives: bmw

Help for installing joying head unit

Hi,
I've just bought a 9" Joying single din head unit for my 61 plate E88 which will be replacing a Dynavin N6 due to the screen not working.
The question I have is can I use the canbus cable/interface that came with the Dynavin with the Joying unit ??
And if so can you help with connecting it up, which wires go with what.
I have included the wiring diagram for the Dynavin and pictures of the rear of the Joying unit.
Thank you.
Lee
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
fmowry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Doubtful. But you would be on your own to figure it out. Did you read this thread:

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1670019

The Joying 3 series CANBUS module works and is only like $25-30 direct from Joying if you contact their customer service. Worth it to avoid the headache.

But what the hell, plug it in and see if it works. Could be out of the same electronics shop in China anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
burger
Rep

Thanks for the reply, thinking it would be much easier to just get the E90 module from Joying.
Can you confirm that all the warning tones, parking sensor tones and steering wheel controls should work after connecting up this harness.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 05:54 AM   #4
burger
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Doubtful. But you would be on your own to figure it out. Did you read this thread:

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1670019

The Joying 3 series CANBUS module works and is only like $25-30 direct from Joying if you contact their customer service. Worth it to avoid the headache.

But what the hell, plug it in and see if it works. Could be out of the same electronics shop in China anyway.
Hi,
I have now got the E90 harness from Joying and wanted to know does this replace the ISO harness that came from Joying with the stereo and if so do you need to add any wires as there doesn't seem as many as in the ISO harness, ie no ignition wire, illumination or do these come through the decoder ??
Appreciate 0