BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-10-2020, 10:24 PM   #23
TM9030
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I bought the insert and cover but do you have pictures of what to do with the connectors that are behind? Do they attach to the plate (51167135455) or just stuff them inside and hope they don't rattle?
Thanks
You just stuff them inside unless you modify the bracket so you're able to attach them. I almost drilled two holes so I can zip tie them but I haven't had any issues with rattles yet.

Did your bracket come with metal clips at the bottom where the cover tabs secure?

Mine did not and the dealer had no idea what I was talking about so I ordered another bracket.

How was the fitment on yours? My cover seems to have a larger gap on the left top side. It's kind of annoying
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 11:30 PM   #24
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

[QUOTE=TM9030;27003819]
Quote:
I bought the insert and cover but do you have pictures of what to do with the connectors that are behind? Do they attach to the plate (51167135455) or just stuff them inside and hope they don't rattle?
Thanks
You just stuff them inside unless you modify the bracket so you're able to attach them. I almost drilled two holes so I can zip tie them but I haven't had any issues with rattles yet.

Did your bracket come with metal clips at the bottom where the cover tabs secure?

Mine did not and the dealer had no idea what I was talking about so I ordered another bracket.

How was the fitment on yours? My cover seems to have a larger gap on the left top side. It's kind of annoying[/QUOTE
Yes, my cover came with metal clips and it was plastic not metal. I went back and corrected the post. I found pictures. My fit is excellent, like it came that way. I wrapped the connectors in foam and soundproofing tape to prevent rattles. Everything is perfect and I don't miss the armrest and the squeaks and rattles anymore.

Last edited by nachob; 12-10-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 11:43 PM   #25
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM9030 View Post

How was the fitment on yours? My cover seems to have a larger gap on the left top side. It's kind of annoying
Hey, I just noticed you are in San Diego and probably the only two with the armrest delete. We should meet up some time, when safe of course. Here is a link to my thread that shows a picture of the bracket with the metal clips you are refferring to.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...console+nachob

Really cool to chat with someone else that did this mod too. Not a common one, but a really good one IMHO.

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 12:44 AM   #26
TM9030
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Quote:

Hey, I just noticed you are in San Diego and probably the only two with the armrest delete. We should meet up some time, when safe of course. Here is a link to my thread that shows a picture of the bracket with the metal clips you are refferring to.

Really cool to chat with someone else that did this mod too. Not a common one, but a really good one IMHO.

cheers!

Haha what are the odds.
Your thread inspired me to do the arm rest delete.
It was also were I noticed the metal clips on the bracket.

Maybe once this goes back to somewhat normal again we can hit up Palomar Mt. or something.
I'll send you a PM at some point
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 10:34 AM   #27
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cheers!

Haha what are the odds.
Your thread inspired me to do the arm rest delete.
It was also were I noticed the metal clips on the bracket.

Maybe once this goes back to somewhat normal again we can hit up Palomar Mt. or something.
I'll send you a PM at some point
Sounds good not a lot of us in San Diego and even less ultra lightweight console-less 1ers.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #28
Veejey
Registered
Rep
Drives: E82 120d M

Damm. This is a big no no for me. I wouldnt know where to put my arm.
Appreciate 0