BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2021, 04:33 AM   #1
DeclanN55
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, N55

N55 135i Clutch click

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a problem I am experiencing when I am letting my clutch out at really really slow speeds and I'm releasing the clutch really slowly there is like a rattle/knocking sound, if I let the clutch out slow enough it will actually make the car judder a little bit any ideas?

Also when pressing the throttle if I tap the throttle and let straight off then tap it again and let off etc there is like a metal kind of noise kinda sounds like the valve on the exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 02:57 AM   #2
Machoo78
Rep
Drives: E87 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanN55 View Post
I'm wondering if someone can help me with a problem I am experiencing when I am letting my clutch out at really really slow speeds and I'm releasing the clutch really slowly there is like a rattle/knocking sound, if I let the clutch out slow enough it will actually make the car judder a little bit any ideas?

Also when pressing the throttle if I tap the throttle and let straight off then tap it again and let off etc there is like a metal kind of noise kinda sounds like the valve on the exhaust
Might be the dual mass flywheel. Does it have a rattling or metal kind of knocking sound at idle? It should sound like something is loose. You could also have a worn clutch disk.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 05:47 AM   #3
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Another recent post on this, very similar. Turned out to be his driveshaft. Could also involve the flex guibo.
Appreciate 0