BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-07-2022, 01:35 AM   #1
kadA
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Help weird turning and throttle issues

Alright so I’m gonna try to explain this the best I can. About 2 weeks ago I got put into limp mode and got some codes and was very easily able to determine that it was the map sensor on the charge pipe. I took it out and inspected it Monday and it looked like it was in perfect condition. Mind you this is a 3.5 bar. Yesterday (Tuesday)I got of work and on the way home my steering wheel was doing something weird. I would try and turn in to the right and it would get stuck for a second and then continue. I looked through forms and found plenty of people with similar things and didn’t think much of it and I was gonna look at it this weekend. However today on my way home from work the previous problem was still there but now the accelerator was like sticky. It was getting suck and not returning to the original position. It was like it was getting stuck right before it could return to normal when I took my foot off. When I get home I looked at it and it looked fine and acted fine. When the car is off it does not do that same thing. There are no codes I could pull that would relate to this so I’m quite confused. If these were 2 separate things I would not thought much of it but I think something is failing that is causing these issues. Does it have to do with the map sensor I couldn’t imagine so. Does anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 01:33 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Are you referring to a 1M Coupe? This is a very small forum of 1M owners. If you post in the 335 forum you will get a lot more results as there are more 335s and 335s with higher mileage than 1M. While the motors are similar, the 1M steering rack is different than the 135i or 335 as well. Are you having this in a 1M?

If this is for a 335i, here is the 3 series forum:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Appreciate 1
ayao641.50