BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
Mailey
Rep
Drives: bmw 1m

Cat-less 3 " DP,s,

Hi guys, well fitted the 3 " cat-less DP,s today, the exhaust is standard, so pushed the button , not expecting to here much difference, holy shite, the noise is terrible, sounds like a tractor, warmed it up drove it, hard then easy, disgusting sound, better sound before, so is it the combo of the standard exhaust or is it because i should put a resonated mid pipe section in, like Mad dad etc, can any body help, cheers,,,,,
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
So all you changed were the DPs? What brand? Are they leaking? Shouldn't make THAT much of a difference in sound. Yes adding a resonated Mid pipe section would help the drone along w/ tame down the sound at WOT.

Some options below in order from quietest to loudest.

N54 non M catted/ resonated mids
N55 resonator mids
Maddad resonated mids

Berk makes a set too. They are 2 piece.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
Vrumpkin
Seymour J. Vrumpkin
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Drive the car a bit the sound will change a bit over time. Also yes adding mids would be a good idea to balance out the sound. I am driving a catless DP with maddad mids now and the sounds is very nice without a rear section. I have kept my car this way on purpose. Keep in mind going catless you will get a louder more raspy sound, some people like that some do not. Give it a few hundred miles before you decide you hate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 11:09 AM   #4
Stewy_604
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i M-Sport

The 1'ers I've heard with catless DP's and stock exhaust sounded great IMO. But to each their own.
Appreciate 0