BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

05-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #23
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Really would like to see the end results. G/L with the roof.
      05-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

We will not even think of speech or non spoken words regarding the talking of that which shall not be thought of speaking nor talk of that which shall not be talked about when not speaking of companies whose name shall not be spoken or thought of.
      05-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #25
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
We will not even think of speech or non spoken words regarding the talking of that which shall not be thought of speaking nor talk of that which shall not be talked about when not speaking of companies whose name shall not be spoken or thought of.

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

The weight savings seems to be great and that is the TRUE point of carbon fibre. But wow...that weave looks terrible.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #27
mynew135
assistant to the regional manager
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNWhite View Post
[SIZE=3]Finally received my long awaited CSL

I did some weighing today:

Stock Hood = 40.8 lbs
Stock Trunk = 26 lbs
CF Hood = 9 lbs
CF Trunk = 6.4 lbs

I think I'd rather have 51lbs lyposuctioned out of me that have those on my car. But hey, I'm fat.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #28
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
The weight savings seems to be great and that is the TRUE point of carbon fibre. But wow...that weave looks terrible.
What I'm worried about is that by the time they're painted, the roundels, bolts and insulation are attached along with the license plate & lights on the trunk it may be only a fraction of the weight savings we're hoping for.

Anyone know the weight of the stock hood & trunk once they've been fully stripped of all hardware?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #29
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
i just hope you didnt pay too much for these parts since the weave and quality is sooo off...
      05-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #30
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oreo Cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lib View Post
Nice. If you reweighing them once they are finished and all of the electronics, lights, latches, bolts, roundels, padding, etc are transferred I'd love to see the final weights
Well that kind isn't possible. The hinges stay on the car when unbolting the OEM. Sorry, but i think we will have to do with the empty pieces. I am weighing an empty OEM trunk lid for and empty CF trunk and same with the hood. So the numbers are completely accurate...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #31
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Is that for the power kill switch.
Actually it's the trunk release that is on the inside. For some ODD reason they mount it on the outside, because these are made for race, not street. This is only a prototype and that is already on my list to be filled because this is a Street/Race car
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #32
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynew135 View Post
I think I'd rather have 51lbs lyposuctioned out of me that have those on my car. But hey, I'm fat.
i nominate this for post of the year.
      05-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #33
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
Aren't you OverboostinBimmers from N54 Tech?
Yes Sirrrr
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #34
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Nice weight savings. But thats waaaayyyyy too much CF to be exposed. And the trunk's weave is garbage. Paint it all except the roof.

Wait. Is that the Seibon Hood on your car already? Why did you sheel out the money for another hood?
Yes it is. Also have an OEM style SEIBON hood and OEM style trunk. The OEM Style Hood fits like ass. SEIBON hoods in general last about 3-6 months. I wanted better quality. The trunk is a prototype. Not Painting anything, please paint your own...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #35
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
sure you didnt get this from he who shall not be named?
Nope, I got the SEIBON Hoods from the company that shall not be named. These came from Europe.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #36
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Nope, I got the SEIBON Hoods from the company that shall not be named. These came from Europe.
did they use the US model for molds and fitting in europe?

just curious
      05-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #37
fmxomar
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i

B.S. on being from Europe. those parts are beyond shit , looks like they were made by someone with no skill possibly in their backyard
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #38
BSM 135i
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' BSM E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmxomar View Post
B.S. on being from Europe. those parts are beyond shit , looks like they were made by someone with no skill possibly in their backyard
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #39
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Yes it is. Also have an OEM style SEIBON hood and OEM style trunk. The OEM Style Hood fits like ass. SEIBON hoods in general last about 3-6 months. I wanted better quality. The trunk is a prototype. Not Painting anything, please paint your own...
Sounds like something TJ would say...

Your complaining about the quality of a reputable company such as seibon when your piece of shit hood and trunk look like that? something is off here, and I'm calling horseshit on these abortions of an attempt to make a dry carbon hoods and trunk... I wouldn't put that shit on my car if I got a full sponsorship for the pieces...

You don't have the Seibon OEM hood on the car right now, so how would you know if it fit like shit? IF you had a bad experience with seibon with the OEM style hood, why buy the gtr hood from them? You probably bought TJ's knockoff, which would fit shit....

SOMETHING IS FISHY HERE....
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #40
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzodesh View Post
The hood & trunk on the Euro coupes are no different than the US coupes

Any time someone comes on here with questionable quality CF we crucify them. He isn't trying to sell them at this point. Lets cut him a little slack.

Sure, the weave is all messed up but I don't care about that since I think all carbon should be painted anyway (Yes, I know you aren't going that route. I'm just one of the few that likes the functionality but thinks it looks ridiculous). What concerns me more are the inconsistencies in the curves along both the top and bottom of the trunk spoiler. The sections that copy the OEM trunk seem fine but the section that diverges from OEM seems completely screwed up
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #41
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post

I aint buying those weight numbers either.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #42
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Your complaining about the quality of a reputable company such as seibon when your piece of shit hood and trunk look like that? something is off here, and I'm calling horseshit on these abortions of an attempt to make a dry carbon hoods and trunk... I wouldn't put that shit on my car if I got a full sponsorship for the pieces...

You don't have the Seibon OEM hood on the car right now, so how would you know if it fit like shit? IF you had a bad experience with seibon with the OEM style hood, why buy the gtr hood from them? You probably bought TJ's knockoff, which would fit shit....

I have the SEIBON GTR hood on the car now, HAD the OEM style, but like i said, it fit like shyt. The GTR Hood would be made from a different mold. GTR hood fits great! Just HEAVY and made of 60% fiberglass, 20% Carbon Fiber, 10% black paint and 10% lacquer. Also i am using SEIBON's Trunk Lid and i have BIG issues with that, except for the 3rd brake light hole. The items i purchased from FO were not knock-offs, they were even in the SEIBON packaging. The other small parts were only knock-offs of originals that are not even made in Carbon Fiber

Funny thing is there is (1) part which is of poor quality, the trunk lid. It is a prototype, so i'm not worried about it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Hood or Roof Panel (either 1, have 2 roofs).

Hope this clears up that Fishy Smell you got goin on over at your place. If not, check you kitchen trash can, that usually tends to stink up the crib

When there are not any other choices out there, i purchase what is available (Good or Bad reputation) and buy better when it becomes available. Why? Cause i can, cause i got it like that...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #43
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzodesh View Post

just curious

Thats a good question Desh. Actually, for YOU, i wanted to find out. When looking at their shop/race car, the steering wheel is on the same side as ours. So i am guessing that would be US Spec except for emissions, No?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #44
BlackNWhite
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What part exactly sounds like something TJ would say?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread