BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #89
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Honda

** Partial Update**

Sorry guys, the donor car owner did not get back to us until early this morning. I was expecting him to call by friday but didn't receive anything till today. We finally have a BONE stock car to test the exhaust on, whereas the current car has a tune on it. There will be additional pics taken of the system on the 2nd test car, along with factory stock dyno runs, followed by dyno runs with the iCARBON exhaust. We are in contact with the owner to dyno sometime this week. We'll keep you updated.

++ Also, Mario will be on here early this week to post about expected delivery times for the exhaust systems. Stay tuned!

Chris

Last edited by Chris@iCARBON; 11-09-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #90
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i alpine white

This exhaust looks really nice, but I want to see some dyno numbers. Also all the empty promises and delays are making me skeptical.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #91
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

bump
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #92
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
bump
bump.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #93
kirby135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

not sure why this is getting bumped? no new info
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #94
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Myles is dying for the exhaust! We are still trying to arrange a dyno day for a stock 1er. As always i'll keep you addicts updated.

Chris
      11-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #95
sbefar01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1er

What type of dyno will be used? Wonder what gains could be made in conjunction with the JB3?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #96
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

frankly I am amazed more people aren't doing what I am doing by demanding my money back... the exhaust sounds amazing, but I have 0 confidence that I would receive it in even the next couple months.

Only problem is now, I've been waiting for my refund for a few weeks... guess if its not one thing its another.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #97
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

What's the in-cabin drone to this system? Just the CB? The full TBE?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #98
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbefar01 View Post
What type of dyno will be used? Wonder what gains could be made in conjunction with the JB3?
Dyno will be a dynojet. Still awaiting a stock car dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyek View Post
frankly I am amazed more people aren't doing what I am doing by demanding my money back... the exhaust sounds amazing, but I have 0 confidence that I would receive it in even the next couple months.

Only problem is now, I've been waiting for my refund for a few weeks... guess if its not one thing its another.
You've got a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
What's the in-cabin drone to this system? Just the CB? The full TBE?
Drone is honestly not an issue. Both CB and TBE are about the same, with the TBE being slightly louder/more aggressive. The exhaust does not resonate like most other systems at lower rpms, highway drone is not an issue either.

Chris
      11-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #99
sbefar01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I guess this group buy will be around for a little while longer since EVERYONE is waiting on the dyno? I guess I didnt realize that a dyno was such a hot commodity in all seriousness.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #100
Project1
Bimmer Love
Rep
Drives: You will figure it out...

Other than the DP's, no exhaust has shown THAT much gain. I picked mine because it sounded the way I liked it, if I lose that extra 2hp because it has the sound I was after. I'm cool with that. Go with what sounds good for you...this one does sound good though.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #101
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbefar01 View Post
I guess this group buy will be around for a little while longer since EVERYONE is waiting on the dyno? I guess I didnt realize that a dyno was such a hot commodity in all seriousness.
I could care less about the dynos. As long as the system does not loose power I would be happy with it because in general a catback system does not provide much power if any (midpipes is where we would get the power from).

But we have been promised those dynos for months now and most people are probably sick of hearing excuse after excuse and not seeing any results whatsoever.

My 2 cents.
      11-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #102
onehungevo
Captain
Rep
Drives:

PM me when dyno results are posted.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #103
sbefar01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well this IS A complete system which has mid-pipes, so the DYNO will make or break my decision on purchasing, if it was a cat/axel back only then I could care less about dyno. I agree the delays can be maddening but I think ICarbon knows that they need to post authentic dynos soon or else there won't be sales. I would expect them up asap (6 week wait so far).
Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
I could care less about the dynos. As long as the system does not loose power I would be happy with it because in general a catback system does not provide much power if any (midpipes is where we would get the power from).

But we have been promised those dynos for months now and most people are probably sick of hearing excuse after excuse and not seeing any results whatsoever.

My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #104
ronnyek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

not to outright bash, Chris has been very helpful via email and private messaging... but the fact of the matter is, they are already like 1.5mo past their original date right?

Sounds to me like a "you group buy what you saw in the video of the only existing exhaust, then we go and find a manufacturer and make an order..." type of situation.

I am really really torn... I mean the exhaust sounds amazing, but then I'd be lying if I said I was completely confortable with my money being up in the air
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #105
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyek View Post
not to outright bash, Chris has been very helpful via email and private messaging... but the fact of the matter is, they are already like 1.5mo past their original date right?

Sounds to me like a "you group buy what you saw in the video of the only existing exhaust, then we go and find a manufacturer and make an order..." type of situation.

I am really really torn... I mean the exhaust sounds amazing, but then I'd be lying if I said I was completely confortable with my money being up in the air
On the contrary, we have had a manufacturer since day 0 but have encountered several problems in settling on a final minimum number. Instead of passing on the adverse effects on price to the consumer we have been fighting back and forth to try and come to an agreement. I really do apologize that it has taken so long for this process, and we are determined to produce this exhaust. The problem lies where we want this exhaust to sound/perform exactly as the original, so why change manufacturers and have to start all over again. I'll keep you guys updated as they update me on the situation.
      11-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #106
sbefar01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh boy, this is going to be a while . . . . . . apology accepted though, lol. I guess the dyno is not the 1st priority now.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #107
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey Guys,

So obviously, as many of you know, we've had our share of problems with the mandrel bender of our exhaust systems. We've been trying to work this out for weeks and weeks, and to no avail. We honestly tried so hard to make this work and thought it was going to be painless for everyone, but after weeks of nothing, this explanation is WAY overdue.

We get our pipes bent by a factory (in the US) that uses computer-controlled machines to bend pipes. Since we do design our own products, but aren't exactly "exhaust" manufactures per se, we obviously outsourced this pipe-bending and welding. We spoke about minimum requirements and had everything worked out, when suddenly, our suppliers decided to completely screw us.

They hiked our minimum order quantity WAY over what we had previously stated, after we had already dropped thousands and thousands in R&D, changes, prototypes, etc. When this happened, we knew there was a problem. We had ZERO issues investing into plenty of units to have in stock, but the truth of the matter is, the 135i exhaust market is not large enough for us to spend tens of thousands stocking this sort of piece.

With that said, everyone who had ordered already received their money back, so that's not even what's in question here. What is in question is the fact that we made the best sounding exhaust system for the 135i, and we have no units out there for people to love, and use, and hear, etc.

With the success of iCarbon's Aero pieces for the 135i, we feel that it is extremely unfair to our customers to run these little GB's and take payment way before you guys receive your products.

So, we decided that we WILL take this exhaust into production in the very near future, but as a piece to have in inventory and ready to ship before we offer it to the general public. Once these systems are in our hands, boxed, and ready to be at your doorsteps in 2-3 days, THEN we will let you guys order them.

It's tough on us, but much better for our customers, and in the end, that's who really matters anyway.

We hope you understand, and our sincere apologies go out to everyone who was involved. iCarbon T-Shirts on us to anyone who had to go through this painful learning experience, just send us your shipping address.

Stay tuned for big things to come from iCarbon. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #108
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
So no more exhaust? =(
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #109
twenzel
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 Audi S3

I think they are going to build it but they are looking for a quality mandrel bender.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #110
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
i hope they do..and its funny cuz this exhaust and maddad's look somewhat similar
Appreciate 0